Amatuer tattoo removal? (Photo)

Hi I have a black tribal tattoo that was done poorly and I can't stand to look at it and need it gonna ASAP I got it done July 22nd 2016

Don't go Amateur--See an expert for Tattoo Removal

I would consult with an expert. Keep in mind that tattoo removal takes a series of treatments. See an expert for treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Black Tattoo Treatment

Lasers work very well for removing black tattoos. It's important to note that removing a tattoo with laser takes time and requires patience. There are a lot of factors in determining how soon it will be "Gone". Most tattoos can be removed in 6-15 treatments that are typically anywhere from 6wk to 6 months apart.

Tattoo Removal

Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 which has 4 Pico wavelengths and the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Certain colors respond best to certain wavelengths. The amount of treatments can vary based on several factors such as the location of your tattoo, your skin tone, how sharp the ink is, and how quickly your body eliminates the ink. I believe that tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. I think it is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo removal black shoulder

This should be treatable with most tattoo lasers because it is black. It will take about 8 treatments with a QS laser, probably fewer with one of the Pico lasers. A Picosure laser doesn't have the right wavelength for this though. Complete removal isn't always possible.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Laser for black tattoo

The good news is that laser works best for black tattoos.  Most black tattoos respond well and can be greatly faded or eliminated with laser treatment.  However, it does take multiple treatment sessions for best results, spaced out about every six weeks.  See an experienced laser doctor for an in person consultation.

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Amatuer #tattooremoval

Thanks for posting your photo. Be careful about choosing the cheap option for tattoo removal. Our office sees so many clients who used either an acid peel or even a laser performed by a tattoo artist! The results can be devastating. Laser treatment can cause scarring if not done properly. If you're serious about getting a tattoo removed, find an experienced provider who can show you a collection of before and after photos. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Use a Pico Laser

Hi Logan,

I'm sorry about your experience with the bargain tattoo.  We use Pico Lasers which hit the pigment better than traditional Nano Lasers.  Also, a new PFD patch can be applied to the tattoo to enhace the effect of the laser.  So you can essentially do the equivalent of 3-4 treatments in one sitting.  Normally, we can only do 1 pass at a time and let the skin heal over 4-6 weeks then perform another treatment.  With the PFD patch, we can do 3-4 passes in one session.  Essentially, you can reduce the process to a fraction of the time.  

In summary, find a state of the art Pico Laser provider who is willing to use a PFD patch.  Best of luck!