Non-surgical Rhinoplasty Issues with Repeat Injections?

Hi Dr.'s, I had a question and would absolutely appreciate some feedback. For those of us contemplating non-surgical rhinoplasty to improve a flat nasal tip, I hear a HA filler can be great. But can Radiesse provide a more thorough/effective result in sharpening a flat nasal tip than Restylane or Juvederm? Also, I hear that Radiesse lasts around a year, but at what point are "repeat injections" in the tip going to be unsafe with the cumulative effects of Radiesse? It seems unpractical this way.

Restylane is my preferred filler to improve flat nasal tips in 2016

Hi enzyme,

Thanks for your questions about non-surgical rhinoplasty. It sounds like you’ve been doing the research to inform yourself, which is what I suggest all patients do before deciding on a treatment. Let me help you out by giving you my opinion on the matter.

For non-surgical rhinoplasty, I actually prefer Restylane instead of Radiesse, especially when augmenting the nasal tip. Why?

1. Restylane is reversible. I can’t emphasize enough how much I recommend using a filler that has reversibility. Having control over your results is the most important factor in cosmetic procedures. Using a filler that can be easily reversed in case a complication arises or a modification needs to occur is paramount.

2. Resylane lasts longer. Compared to other dermal fillers, I’ve noticed that Restylane tends to provide results with longevity over time and require less frequent appointments scheduled for maintenance.

3. Restylane causes less irritation to the thin skin of the nose. The skin of the nosse is thin and very delicate, so we must approach this area as carefully as possible. From my experience, Restylane has caused the least reactions to patients' nasal areas over time.

For more information, discover the benefits of non-surgical nose augmentation in the video I’ve attached. Hope this helps!

Stay Beautiful,

Dr. Mabrie

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty with filler

I prefer Restylane filler for the nose.  It is a safe hyaluronic acid filler that can last 6 to 12 months and can be dissolved if needed.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Any filler can be used on a nasal tip but hyaluronic acid fillers are safest

I do many non-surgical rhinoplasties (lunch time nose jobs) and get similar results with all the fillers, but... I currently prefer using Juvederm and Restylane since they are reversable.  Reversable products can be dissolved quickly if any problems arise.  Radiesse might last a little longer but that is unclear.  Artefill would be permanent (as would silicone but I don't recommend silicone) but while the risk of having a problem is small, it is always better if the product can be dissolved if that should occur.  There are no specific risks associated with repeatedly using a filler in the nose, that I am aware of.  Using fillers in a nose that has undergone previous surgery however may be riskier as the circulation may be compromised after surgery.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Non - Surgical Nose Job

Hi,
Any filler whether radiesse or restylane or silicone will give a temporary result. Your better off investing in a rhinoplasty and making the results permanent. I don't think there are any good studies showing the longevity of readiesse when used repeatedly.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS