How many ccs of fat are typically removed during liposuction on flanks, back, and mid-section? (Photo)

I'm 5'3 and went from 115-117 lbs up to about 135 lbs in preparation for a bbl. Today, I found out that the Dr. Only injected 300 ccs into each side. In addition, he froze fat for later use but it turns out that there are only 80 ccs remaining. How much fat is typically removed during liposuction of flanks, back, and mid-section? Also, will 80 ccs make any difference in just slightly plumping out the bottom?

How many cc's?

Hello there and thank you for your question. Typically liposuction of the areas that you've described can allow the surgeon to harvest approximately 1.5-2 L of aspirate. Unfortunately not all of that aspirate is fat. The fat has to be prepared for reinjection into the  buttocks. So 600 mL of usable fat is not unusual  but a bit on the low side depending upon your goals. Unfortunately 80 mL of fat will not make a difference with lipoinjection into your buttocks.  Hope this information was useful.Best, Dr. Burnett 

BBl and fat injection

Every patient is different and it is difficult to classify the volume for every patient because each one is so different.

Volume of fat transfer

Maureen,

No one can accurately say how much fat can be harvested from a particular patient.  It varies tremendously.  I believe that it is not allowed for a physician to freeze the fat and save it without being licensed as a tissue bank.  The tissue must be stored in a sterile container with the ability to monitor bacterial contamination and temperature maintenance.

300 cc's is not a lot of fat to transfer (only 150 cc's per side).  The 80 cc's is enough for a touch up, but rarely enoug to affect an increase in size.  It would have been nice to see before photos of all four sides; abdomen, sides and back.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS