I got a VI peel today. She applied aquaphor around my lips, nose and eyes. Will this alter the effects of my peel?

Barrier

The VI Peel is a medical-grade chemical peel. It is an effective treatment to improve several skin conditions and issues including acne, uneven skin texture, uneven tone, fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring, sagging skin, age and sun spots, enlarged pores and hyperpigmentation
It is very common to need more than 1 peel, and sometimes even a consistent schedule to keep up on the issues is best. Every person is different, with different skin type, and different history. It is so hard to predict what one will need. It is always best to consult with your Aesthetician to see what she thinks is best for your specific needs.
It is common practice to put a barrier cream like Aquafor in the areas that the peel will collect, or the areas that are very sensitive. This will not alter the effects of the peel.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Aquaphor Protection during Chemical Peel

Aquaphor can be applied pre-treatment as a barrier around your lips, corners of nose, and around the eyes. It acts to protect the more sensitive and delicate skin in these areas. This helps prevent the peel from causing too much irritation to these part of the face. This will not negatively effect the outcome of your peel. Hope this information is helpful. Thank you for your question.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Aquaphor used around lips, eyes and nose with a peel

Aquaphor is used in our office for all peels to protect those delicate corners of the face from having a treatment acid pooling in that area and causing a burn that is too deep.  You can thank your doctor for taking the time to do this to protect those sensitive areas.  No impact on the overall effectiveness of the peel.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon