Is There a Quick Way to Recover from Breast Augmentation?
Doctor Answers 16
Easy recuperation following surgery
The best things you can do are to be in good health and well rested going into your surgery and to follow your board certified doctors instruction's both before and after surgery. This may involve stopping some kinds of medications or dietary supplements so make sure your doctor knows what you are taking. Good luck with your surgery.
Speeding Up Breast Augmentation Recovery
1. Refined surgical techniques: your surgeon should reduce unnecessary trauma and bleeding by avoiding blunt dissection and performing any incisions "blind".
2. Avoid or at least minimize the use of strong pain medications. .
3. Minimizing time spent under anesthesia, decreasing recovery issues (nausea and/or vomiting) associated with their use.
4. Restrict arm movements for the first three days.
5. Walk leisurely around to prevent blood clot formation.
6. Do not return to vigorous physical activities until your surgeon gives you the green light.
If you follow the instructions provided to you by your surgeon, you should be able to recover more smoothly from your surgery. Good luck!
Fast Recovery after Breast Augmentation
There are ways to increase your comfort level and recovery after breast augmentation. No one can make any guarantees, but these steps should help you
- ensure you're in good health
- educate yourself as much as possible. The more you know ahead of time about breast augmentation, the less anxiety you should feel about your procedure
- don't take things that will slow down healing. As an example, any blood thinners like aspirin will make the surgery more difficult for me in the operating room and may result in more bruising and swelling after surgery
- follow the instructions of your plastic surgeon
- reduce swelling and pain with elevation of your chest, ice, etc.
- consider taking homeopathic meds, like arnica, echinacea, etc.
- consider using a pain pump, which your plastic surgeon needs to put in during your procedure. This is an awesome device that pumps slow drip numbing medicine around the area of surgery, reducing your pain
- take as few narcotic pain pills as possible, to reduce nausea and constipation
- hydrate well after surgery
- eat a little extra protein after surgery
- consider taking multivitamins after surgery.
It is possible to optimize things in your life, mind, and body, to get a faster recovery. Best of luck to you!
You might also like...
Supplements for Surgery
Bottom Line: Certain vitamins and minerals can speed healing others can cause problems and slow the process down or cause complications. If healing is going well I usually let my patients go back to their usual regimen of supplements
Check with your doctor as only your doctor would have access to your medical history and what would be best for you. We typically allow our patients to continue their supplements 10 days post op if their recovery is going well.
Breast augmentation : fast healing
HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS
- 1.pain is variable
- 2.it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax
- 3.celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help
- 4.massage and stretching may help
- 5.everyone heals differently
- 6.4-7 days off from work is common
- my patients start activity the day of surgery
The quickest recovery is no surgery. How you heal is out of our hands and in the hands of mother nature and you. Some recover faster than others and there is not always a clear path of understanding of this. Smaller implants traditionally heal a little faster as there is less surgical area and less muscle tension, but the difference is minor. Have the surgery when you have the time to recover and then you can get the size you want.
Fast Breast Augmentation Recovery
The best way to recover quickly after Breast Augmentation is to choose a surgeon who adheres to the principles of careful preplanning and meticulous dissection of the pocket. With this, you should be back to normal activities within 6 to 48 hours, depending on the placement of the implant.
There is no such thing as a easy recovery from a surgery. Everyone recovers differently. Techniques can effect how you recover . Over the muscle (if you are a candidate) usually has allot less discomfort then under the muscle placement. Keeping dissection of the pocket to a minimum I believe helps post op pain. Patients mind set to get up and get moving helps the recovery process. Giving your self appropriate recovery time to avoid complications will also expedite your recovery. Good Luck.
Fast recovery after breast augmenatation
Recovery from any procedure is variable and depends on tecnhnique, type of surgery and patient's own healing. In breast augmenattion the bigger the size the more likely that there will be temporary presure pain. This can be further increased if the implants are placed beneath the muscle. An important element, though, is a thorough preop discussion of the operation and postop course with your surgeon. This will help eliminate some anxiety. We instruct our patients to wear a surgical bra for 2 weeks after which we ask them to remove the bra and begin a series of breast massages for the next several months. We also ask them not to do any exrecises which stresses the pectoral muscles for the first 6 weeks.
Quick recovery possible but no guarantees
Unfortunately, no one can guarantee a quick recovery without complications. Stay clear of anyone who does.
However, there are certain techniques that make having a fast smooth recovery more likely than not. These techniques are based on using an atraumatic bloodless approach to making the implant pocket and placing appropriately sized implants to reduce postoperative discomfort. Patients usually need less narcotics and return to normal activities much sooner than with other methods. This technique was developed by a Dallas plastic surgeon, Dr John Tebbetts and has been successfully implemented by several surgeons around the country.