How to get rid of this banana roll? (Photo)

Hi As u can see after I got liposuction on buttock and banana roll about 6 months ago I'm left with this ugly thing( rollunder my buttocks) What should I do .. I've started doing a lot of squats ,butt and hamstring exercises and getting RF treatment which meant to tighten skin on the roll because it's very lax. is it a time will heal factor or am I getting my hopes up for no reason if so how do I get this fixed?

Unhappy with banana roll liposuction result

Thank you for asking about your liposuction result.

• Unfortunately, it looks as though most or all the fat was removed from the banana roll -
  • Leaving a fold of loose skin.
  • RF will not be strong enough to get rid of this.
  • I don't think time will either.
  • Muscle exercises are great for us - but will not fill out this fold.
  • You almost certainly need a buttock 'lift' done in the buttock crease.
  • It will remove the excess skin and hide the scar in the crease.
  • It can be done with local or with general anesthesia, depending on your surgeon and your own preference.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Banana roll

Based solely on your photos, it looks as if you've gotten rid of the fat and are in good shape. The problem is the excess skin. Which means that it needs to be removed. Speak with your surgeon about your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

How to get rid of this banana roll?

Hi!!!...You need to remove the excess skin and fat using the gluteal crease as the access point to hide the scar (Posterior thigh lifting)..Look for a board certified plastic surgeon .All the Best!!Dr.Brenda Pache

Brenda Pache, MD

Redundant skin after banana role liposuction will require surgical removal.

Judging from the photograph alone it looks as though there is a surplus of skin. The only solution I can think of would be excision of the skin using the gluteal crease as the access point, essentially a posterior thigh lift.

Will this go away?

At 6 months the results you have are likely there to stay.  Your final result can take up to a year, but there will not be a sufficient enough change in that area to alleviate these creases.  Without an exam in person it is difficult to determine/impossible to determine an exact treatment, but a combination of skin excision within your natural crease and fat transfer may help.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

Banana roll

Reducing your banana rolls, posterior upper thigh excess fat, if done properly and conservatively should give you improvement without making your buttocks drop.