I had silicone butt injections 5 years ago. Silicone Buttock Injections Be Removed?

I have heard of one girl I knew years ago that got “Biogel” in Columbia, and had problems within a month. When she got back in the US, they say she had it “scraped out.” Is that what they do, “scrape” it out?

Silicone injections should be removed!

Regards, 

Liquid silicone is unsafe, please do not use it ever. The autoimmune response could be triggered by this substance, if you search on the Internet, you will find patients that have a lot of problems with this product. 

There aren´t injections of any kind that are safe for buttocks augmentation, there are no collagens, there are no silicones, there are no methacrylate; nothing is safe. Any type of this substance is dangerous and generates complications, the specialist who can treat and remove it safely, is a rheumatologist, an immunologist, or a plastic surgeon. The liposuction, or laser, or vasser don´t work, on the contrary worsen the clinical picture. Then, to remove the substance can only be perform open surgeries with large incisions, or open surgery with very small incisions, like the videoendoscopy technique; the product is removed in block.

Biopolymers (liquid silicone, Poly Acrylamide Gel, PMMA, Macrolane, etc), ALWAYS should be removed, because you could present at any time Iatrogenic Allogenosis and probably A.S.I.A. Syndrome. Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Rios.

Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Reducing silicone complications in the buttocks

Silicone buttock injections are difficult to remove but there are options to reduce complications associated with silicone injections to the buttocks.  Discuss these with your surgeon. 

To date, I have had good responses after removal of silicone from the lips and parts of the face.  Treatment is difficult and should be combined with multimodality therapy.  I have developed a specific protocol for silicone lip removal that i currently use in my Los Angeles plastic surgery practice. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone in buttocks

It is almost impossible to remove free silicone injections from the buttocks. Usually the silicone is injected in multiple tissue planes and it is almost microscopic.  Areas of hardness can be removed in sections but may leave indentations and bad scarring.