Buttock Injection: Shots That Increase Butt Size?

Have you ever heard of shots that increase butt growth? Do you have an opinion on this?

Buttock Injection

I would NOT have silicone injection or any other substances injected into your buttock that is not fat. That is a set-up for life long problems. Some people have these injections and are fine, but the people that have problems have them for life. Do not do silicone injections to your buttock.

The only injection that you should use to enhance your buttock is fat. Anything else would not be recommended. Patients have had tremendous results with the Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer to the buttock). This procedure allows your surgeon to shape your entire body.

With that said I would tell you that when it comes to your body, I would not choose your surgeon by who is the cheapest or have something injected just because it is easy. It is important to have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. Also make sure that your surgery is being performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital.

I would advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon that performs a lot of fat transfer procedures. In my practice the Brazilian Butt Lift is one of the procedures where patient are extremely happy after surgery.

Buttock Injection: Shots That Increase Butt Size

The only shot that will augment the butt is injection of fat into the area. Buttock implants have been tried but their complication rate is unacceptable in my opinion.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

The best and safest method to enhance the buttocks is through the surgical grafting of a person's own fat cells and stem cells into the buttocks.  Contour reduction of the fat of the waist, lower back, and outer thighs also visually enhances the buttocks.  There are many unsafe and unlicensed alternatives that I would caution you to avoid!  Remember that only a licensed and board certified plastic surgeon can perform these operations safely and will excellent, long lasting results!

Paul Fortes, MD

Butt Injections Fall Flat

Hi and good afternoon,

Truthfully, I wish there was a good less invasive filler/shot for butt augmentation; but there isn't.   Medical grade filler are on the lowest end ~ $500+ for 1cc...so if you were to want 400cc implants per side that would be extremely cost prohibitive.  

This is an extremely "buyer-beware" area... there are countless stories of individuals getting silicone or other non-medical fillers injected into their butt.  These fillers then get infected and the only solution to remove the infection is to literally "cut out your butt".

I think that a BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift) is the gold standard for butt augmentation; but (no pun intended) if you don't have enough fat...then, I think an implant with finesse liposuction and fat grafting to contour and soften the implant is the way to go.  

I hope that helps.  Best of Luck!

Thank you for your question. There are two common ways to enhance a buttock, but each requires surgery. The most common method is through the use of fat-grafting, popularized as the "Brazilian Butt Lift", or BBL. This procedure involves performing liposuction of diet and exercise resistant areas of the body (typically the abdomen, waist, hips, and back), followed by processing and purifying the fat before injecting the fat back into the glutes. This fat can be used to recontour the buttock region, while adding volume and firmness. The second method of butt augmentation is through the use of buttock implants, a better option for those with otherwise little body fat.

Injections of any other material is at best, unsafe, and at worst, can be dangerous to your health. Please do not entertain this option.

Hope that this helps.

Buttock Injection: don't do it

Hello rere369, thank you for your question.

As for your question, I can answer that Biopolymers NEVER should be injected, because you present at any time iatrogenic allogenosis and probably A.S.I.A. syndrome.
Our plastic surgery center specializes in the treatment of Biopolymers injections (permanent fillers: liquid silione, Polyacrylamide Gel, PMMA, Biogel, Macrolane, Metacryletc.) to the face, buttocks and other soft tissue and its complications. We see patients that came worldwide who have complications arising from Biopolymers injections to soft tissues. The Biopolymers cause a severe inflammatory reaction that can cause permanent damage to the tissues known as Iatrogenic Allogenosis and an autoimmune syndrome (A.S.I.A. Syndrome). In our plastic surgery center, I developed the technique of resection of biopolymersin face, buttocks and lower back through video – endoscopy, a surgery made with minnimal incissions to treat patients with permanent deformities secundary to Biopolymers injections. Other techniques such as liposuction, VASER or LASER are absolutely ineffective in treating this type of situation.
I hope it has been helpful.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Hola rere369, gracias por su pregunta.

En cuanto a tu pregunta, puedo responderte que los biopolímeros NUNCA deben ser inyectados pues presentarás en algún momento alogenosis iatrogénica y probablemente Sindrome de A.S.I.A.

Nuestro Centro de Cirugía Plástica se especializa en el tratamiento de biopolimeros (rellenos permanentes: silicona liquida, poli acrilamida gel, PMMA, Biogel, Macrolane, Metacryl, etc.), inyectados en el rostro, glúteos y otros tejidos blandos y sus complicaciones. Recibimos pacientes de todo el mundo que presentan complicaciones originadas por la inyeccion de biopolímeros. Los biopolímeros causan una reaccion inflamatoria severa que puede causar daño permanente a los tejidos conocida como Alogenosis Iatrogénica y un síndrome de auto inmunidad (Síndrome de A.S.I.A.). En nuestro Centro de Cirugía Plástica, desarrollé una técnica de retirada de biopolímeros en el rostro, los glúteos y la esplada baja a través de video-endoscopia, una cirugía realizada a través de incisiones mínimas para tratar pacientes con deformidades permanentes secundarias a inyecciones de Biopolímeros. Otras técnicas como liposucción, LASER o VASER son absolutamente ineficientes en el tratamiento de esta situación.
Espero le haya sido útil.

Buttock injections

The safest most effective way to enhance your butt with injections is the brazilian butt lift. This procedure requires liposuction from several area's of the body with that fat being transferred to you butt. It is highly effective and the results are more of a natural look versus an implant. I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in doing brazilian butt lift procedures. Best of luck.

Jaime Perez, MD

Buttock Augmentation Options

Fillers for buttock augmentation pose two potential major problems: 1) cost prohibitive - if the surgeon is using an authentic medical grade filler than the cost for any significant result will be $150,000.00+ and 2) high rate of  complications - such as infection, movement/migration of the material, and/or hardening of the material.  Best to stick either two tried and true methods: 1) Fat Transfer, unfortunately only about 1 out of every 50 patients that I see have enough fat for this technique (because about 60+% melts away during the first year) or 2) Buttock Implants which can actually create a very predictable, permanent, safe, and satisfying results but only when done by a surgeon extremely experienced in the technique.  Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon whom does both procedures so that you receive a professional unbiased consultation.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Butt augmentation solutions

There are numerous alternatives for fillers to be used to augment the butt but none has proven as good you autologous fat.  If done correctly the fat can be permanent and has a very safe profile.  The fat harvest can be done with liposuction to give you a better shape to your butt.

John Burns, MD

Be careful with butt injections

Hi there-

Buttock augmentation and reshaping is becoming more popular, and I do a large number of these procedures- either by grafting fatty tissue into the buttock after a liposuction procedure, lifting the buttock, placing an implant, or a combination of these techniques.

Injection of substances to increase buttock size has been performed in the past, but is not considered safe, as the substances injected (usually silicone) can lead to significant problems- you may have heard of the two women in the Tampa area who experienced kidney failure after having "hydrogel" injected into their buttocks.

The bottom line (no pun intended), is that there are excellent options available for achieving the buttock size and shape you want, but looking for a short cut may compromise your safety, and will definitely compromise your outcome.

Find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has experience in these procedures and discuss your goals with them. Your safety should come first.