Is there anything I can do about my widow's peak? (Photo)

I have always hated my hairline. It kinda makes me feel like I am about to start having a receding one. Is there any treatments or procedures that can be done so my hairline is a bit rounder and fuller? I am 20 btw. Thank you.

If you believe you have a receding hair line and would like a treatment options, see a doctor for a proper examination.

If you believe you have a receding hair line  and would like a treatment options, see a doctor for a proper examination.   If your examination does not show hair loss, then you may not need surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Widows peak

You can always build a hairline around any widows's peak, but from what I see, you have a 'hole' in your hairline that would be easy to fill in. Look at the images on google of Catherine Zeta Jones and her hairline which is perfect for a female hairline

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is there anything I can do about my widow's peak?

Greetings

The best solution might be for you to do Hair Transplant. 

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you can change it!

You have hair on your hairline -- I doubt you are actually losing anything.  But the hairs on either side of your widow's peak are really fine.  By transplanting some of the more course hair from the back of our head, you can straighten your hairline. It wouldn't require a large number of grafts either, so the donor area in the back would be relatively small.  I use the ARTAS Robotic FUE system which leaves no long scar in the back and reduces the chance of human error damaging the grafts.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Hairline enhancement

You can definitely change your hairline! We perform hairline hair transplantation in the office. You come in the morning and we give you medication to relax you. You can listen to your ipod and we take some hair from the back of your head (underneath your hair so nothing shows) and then numb up the front of your hairline. We draw out the new desired hairline and transplant these hairs in a natural pattern. You can return to a light duty job right away. Best wishes! We often perform these procedures on our snapchat @drgrawe if you want to see one live!

Possible enhancement to hair line to improve widow's peak area

fabby01,

Of course your hair line can be enhanced with a small procedure if you desire to minimize your widow's peak. It is a hair art work drawing, so we would need to have a personal visit for a consultation. Please let us know if we can help. I will include a video of some hair line that I have restored recently.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon