Drink Alcohol While Seroma Is Present?

I had a tummy tuck Lipo and breast lift 4 weeks ago. I developed a real small seroma 7cc on my left breast 7 days after surgery it is healing real good it's just a little bruised like a yellow greenish color .. Can I drink alcohol while this seroma is still present my PS said it was fine as long as I don't drink excessivly. And is the bruising normal my PS said as long as it yellowish that's a good sign.

Drinking alcohol and its effects on a seroma.

Having a drink - wine, beer, liquor - should not effect a seroma. Of course, as in most things moderation is advised.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Drink Alcohol While Seroma Is Present?

I concur with your surgeon's advice. A drink, a glass of wine, or a beer will not cause any harm or interfere with your healing. All the best.

Alcohol and Seroma

I agree with all the below. I don't see why you can't have a modest amount of alcohol while you're still in the healing stages. As long as you're off any pain medications it should be fine. Always consult your own PS.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Seroma and alcohol

I see no reason why you cant have soem wine or beer with your meal.It should not create a problem

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Alcohol consumption and healing

I would think that any activity as long as it is in moderation would be fine.  I would continue to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon

Moderate consumption of alcohol has no effect on a postoperative seroma after abdominoplasty.

I agree that your surgeon is giving you good advice. One or two drinks will have no effect on the seroma.

Post Abdominoplasty

Your PS has given you good advice.  The small things that you are experiencing are common following TT.  No worries, you will be fine.  Good Luck!

Brian K. Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Drink Alcohol while Seroma Present after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

I think that your plastic surgeon is giving you good advice. Best wishes for an otherwise uneventful recovery.