I had my first Vanquish ME treatment yesterday and now I am very swollen. Is this normal?

Yesterday I had my first Vanquish ME tx and it was quite painful during the process. Afterwards my back and hip bones hurt. Today I have a huge swollen right flank (size of a fist) and am concerned. Can an inexperienced provider create harm? The DR didn't perform the tx, it was a newer employee. Should I be worried about how swollen it is? I paid $5900 in advance and don't know if I should continue the treatments.

Swelling after Vanquish

Swelling is a good indication that fat has been targeted, and treatment was successful. Although Vanquish should not be painful, there are areas that can feel as if they have hot spots. If this should happen, it is important you let your provider know so that they can adjust the applicator and settings to your comfort.

Swelling After Vanquish Treatment

Vanquish should have no pain, I absolutely love this treatment and get it done on myself. With anything that causes deep heating of the tissue you can get swelling. I suggest you speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer