Enlighten Vs. PicoWay?

Which laser is better? When it comes to color, especially hard to treat ones such as red ink — which one is recommended and why?

Picosecond Lasers

Thank you for your question. For red pigment the 532 wavelength is ideal. I would recommend a laser that uses picosecond technology which is a more advanced technology. The PiQo4 laser has 4 picosecond wavelengths including 532. I have been practicing laser tattoo removal for 20 years and have 5 Pico wavelengths.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Enlighten laser

I have had great success with the Enlighten device to treat red tattoo ink specifically and other colors in general. More importantly, I would suggest you make sure you feel comfortable with the doctor's training and expertise in the procedure as that matters just as much as which device is used. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon