Should I get a tummy tuck with chest surgery?

Hi, I am transgender, FTM, and I am having male reconstructive chest surgery by a highly recommended and sought after plastic surgeon in San Francisco. I have the option of adding a mini tummy tuck or a full tummy tuck, at my request. My main concern is time under anesthesia and increased risk. I am forty five, in good shape, no prior surgeries. Any advice is helpful. Thank you in advance.

The discussion as to whether or not to perform a tummy tuck in conjunction with top surgery is one that you should have with your plastic surgeon.  In general, it is OK to do this but there are many variables to consider, and as such, a detailed conversation with your surgeon is recommended. 

Combined chest and abdominal surgery

In general, this combination of procedures into one surgery is very commonly performed. The combination will give you better results and a more masculine contour (I assume that is what you want).
I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. Your surgeon should have a detailed pre-op check list for you to follow. Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD