Can you receive Botox for chronic migraines during egg freezing? I am due for Botox day 3 of hormones injections.

Botox During Egg Freezing

Botox is a safe treatment to address wrinkles on the face. It is also used for other purposes such as treating migraines.
Botox has not been tested on women who are pregnant or trying to become pregnant and the safety in these situations has not been studied. For this reason I do not recommend Botox cosmetic treatments for any women who is pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breast feeding. I recommend consulting with your doctor for specific advise for you. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox and egg freezing

Although I am not aware of any data saying you should not have the Botox I would not do it. most likely there is absolutely no problem but if something happens after you have it done you will blame yourself and it is not worth it

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox for migraines during egg freezing

It's extremely unlikely that Botox will have any impact on the eggs, in my opinion. However, I would recommend getting an opinion from the physician who is treating you. You could also consider being safe and postponing your Botox injection by a few days - a definitive answer will not be available because there are no studies of Botox used in this situation.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon