How many passes are done with Thermage for optimum results?

I had Thermage treatment to my thighs today. The nurse did one pass at a level of 3.5. After reading many articles on the procedure, if seems as though several passes are done to achieve a better result.

Multiple passes during the procedure for best results.

Thermage requires multiple passes for optimal results. Success depends upon many factors. However , energy level alone is not the answer. Appropriate placement of pulses, overlap as necessary , vector placement , and additional attention to specific problem areas are just part of the nuances of the technique. Just using the black grid as a one pass is not optimal. Number of pulses and frequency of pulses is also important. I have performed over 7000 Thermage procedures. Every patient is different.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Thermage and Number of Passes

In order to treat the treat the thighs, a 1200 total tip should be making several passes with the appropriate vectors.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist withe experience with Thermage for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Thermage and Number of Passes

The total tip is 1200 pulses which takes roughly 45-60 minutes and is many passes and vectors on the face. I suggest you see a core physician for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.