Coolsculpting; Can Z Wave replace manual massage post-treatment?

Hello. I recently got a Coolsculpting treatment and the technician used Z Wave for 1-2 minutes instead of manual massage immediately afterwards. I was wondering whether I should have manually massaged the treated area post-treatment after the Z wave session, or whether just Z Wave alone suffices for optimal results. Thank you!

Zwave is much better than traditional massage!

We all understand that post-treatment massage is important after CoolSculpting and many other body sculpting procedures. However, manual massage is subject to great variability as results depend on the technique applied by the medical assistance. With the Zwave we can control the pulse and speed for optimal results, it's more comfortable than a manual massage (for both the patient and my staff).

By adding the Zwave to Coolsculpting we have seen a large improvement in results. So in my practice was always use the Zwave with every cool sculpting procedures in order to bring the best possible results to our patients!

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Zwave for better results

As a dermatologist who strives to provide her patients with the best results possible, I’m always looking for the most advanced ways to enhance a patients final outcome. After CoolSculpting, I like to use the Z Wave instead of a traditional massage by hand to more accurately break up the cells and area treated. The Z Wave is much more accurate when it comes to evenly distributing results across the treated area, and the use of radial pulse technology can absolutely enhance results.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I Always Combine Zwave with Every CoolSculpting Procedure

CoolSculpting is one of the most popular and effective treatments in my practice for body sculpting. Since we added the Zwave in place of manual post-treatment massage we have seen a great improvement in our patient's results.

The Zwave allows us to evenly distribute the fat cells and create an even and smooth result. We never do a treatment without it.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Z wave after CoolSculpting instead of massage

Some doctors may feel that using Z wave after CoolSculpting produces better results than massage after CoolSculpting.  There are no known studies of which I'm aware that have confirmed whether there is improvement or not.  I personally use massage after CoolSculpting and not Z wave.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Immediately after Coolsculpting treatment, massage is very important. It helps break down the fat cells and  improves your results by 60 percent.

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Z wave

CoolSculpting is quickly becoming one of the most popular treatments for non surgical fat reduction in the United States and with its success have come a number of "me too" products. The Z wave was originally designed for sports medicine purposes if memory serves me correctly. Without any published papers it seems very difficult to justify a $30,000.00 equipment purchase that really belongs in a sports medicine rehab center.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Z wave after Coolsculpting has been shown to be effective

Using the Z wave after the Coolsculpting procedure has been shown with studies to be effective. However it requires several follow up treatments in their studies which is not convenient. I have discussed the Z wave with Zeltiq and they still just recommend manual massage. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Z Wave or manual massage post-treatment

There is specific technique for massage post coolsculpting so it would be best to keep to the manual massage.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS