Baldness following a temporal brow lift is getting larger. What can I do to halt the process and to reverse it? (Photo)

Wk 3 was bad, but wk 4 is getting even worse. At wk 3 my doc injected scalp with a steroid. My scalp continues to hurt all over and in a number of points away from the incision is super painfully sensitive to touch. This is not a sign of a permanent hair loss, is it? What else can I do besides being patient for the next 6 mo/yr to assure no more hair loss and to boost re-growth. I only wash my hair 2x wk, do not use hair dryer or irritating shampoo/conditioners, am eating more protein. Thanks

Baldness after brow lift

My preferred technique to lateral brow lift has been a pre trichial, trichophytic subcutaneous approach and never had a hair loss issue. Never understood the legitimacy of the more complicated techniques with nary any better results.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Losing hair after scalp incisions

does occur and unfortunately, yours is more extensive that what mostly happens.  Regardless, there is nothing you can really do to stop what is in your future and that you just have to give it time and heal and see what will recover (some will) and what options you have to resolve this. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Baldness after temporal browlift

I agree with the advice to do nothing at this point. Allow yourself to heal and allow your scalp to recover. You also appear to have a significant step-off of the hairline behind your ear. That is likely due to the skin flap design and will need to be revised if it troubles you. With regard to your temple, hopefully this will improve as your tissue recovers. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Baldness after Temporal Browlift?

Baldness after Temporal Browlift? You have telogen which is shock and I would advise u to do nothing now and hair will start regrowth in 1-2 months. Having done thousands of scalp surgeries this does happen. The center dark part is questionable and we will see what to do later but do Nothing Now!

Baldness after brow lift

This is unusual after brow lift.  There may have been some decreased blood flow to the area if too much tension was placed on the wound.  Any trauma can also cause some hair loss.  If just traumatic, it will start to grow back.  If from poor blood flow, some of the follicles will be gone.  I would go see a hair transplant specialist now to see what they would recommend.  They may have some tricks to help stimulate the follicles.        

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon