Is it ok to use Arnica gel or oral arnica tablets after the procedure?

I had coolsculpting on my outer thighs 4 days ago. The bruising really coming in all of the sudden, trying to control but worried it will interfere with treatment.

Hello! Thank you for your question! The recommendations for the use of these homeopathic medications are surgeon preference. I typically suggest the use of Arnica Montana to decrease swelling and bruising. It is an herbal medication that is propagated from the seeds of an herb. I, as well as my patients, have seen some benefit with the treatment in the postoperative period. Although there is little evidence to its effectiveness, I believe there is some benefit, and no harm. I recommend 4-5 tablets under the tongue 4x/day for 3-5 days prior and 5-7 days after the procedure. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Arnica After CoolSculpting

Arnica is fine to take after your CoolSculpting treatment and should not adversely affect your results. The bruising should subside over time, but if it worsens or persists, contact your provider.

Thanks for your question. It is completely safe to use Arnica both topically and orally after Coolscultping. Best of luck. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
You can use arnica but its not necessary 
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Arnica to help bruising

Absolutley! Arnica gel or tablets can help tremendously in moving along any bruising that can occur following CoolSculpting treatment. 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Arnica following CoolSculpting treatment

Arnica gel or tablets are great to use following a CoolSculpting treatment to help dissipate the bruising following the treatment.  It can also assist to alleviate any swelling in the effected area. 

Arnica for bruising

We recommend our injectable patients take Arnica before and after their procedure.  It certainly would not be harmful for bruising due to CoolSculpting.  However, time is the best remedy.  

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Arnica can certainly be used post-CoolSculpting

Arnica is one of the more handy tricks in our toolkits as aesthetic providers. If you are experiencing bruising it may certainly help to make it dissipate faster and will not have any negative impact on your CoolSculpting results. Good luck!

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Arnica to prevent Bruising after Coolsculpting

Many of my patients take Arnica to prevent bruising from coolsculpting a well as injections such as Botox and Juvederm in the office.  I also recommend stopping aspirin, motrin, and other oral supplements that can cause bruising one week before your procedure.

Arnica after CS

While there are no scientific studies on the effectiveness of Arnica, some of our patients want to take it.  Certainly, no harm in taking Arnica after CS.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD