When Can I start my adderall and birth control pills again after Liposuction?

Yesterday I had liposuction under regional anesthesia and iv sedation (thighs, arms, chin.) How long do I need to wait to resume these medications (Adderall and Birth Controll pills)? My doctor said right away but i want a second opinion.

Pills After Liposuction

I prescribe diuretics and amphetamine salts for many of my postoperative patients to help in the healing process. I suggest speaking to your physician and following his plans.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Adderall and birth control pills can be resumed shortly after liposuction.

This specific question should be addressed to your surgeon. In general, these medications should be able to be resume safely shortly after the procedure.

Starting back on routine meds after liposuction.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

I have my patients resume their medicines immediately after surgery unless the medicines will make them bleed.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Please call your plastic surgeon

Thanks for your question. Please consult with your surgeon for the best recommendation. Your surgeon will be able to answer your question about resuming medication after liposuction.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

I think that everyone will agree that you should faithfully follow the directions of your surgeon.  Only he or she knows your case and they can determine when it is safe for you to resume your medications.  We cannot diagnose or treat patients on this website.  If you have concerns I recommend that you call your surgeon.  Best of luck!