Can you transfer fat from my sister's breasts to mine?

Hello . So I have a question. My sister has DD breast size and she is very tired of it and wants to down size it. I have B breast size and I want to up size it. Is it any way possible that we are able to transfer her breast fat to mine? Thank you

Unfortunately no this is not something that is currently able to be done. Your body would reject it much like an organ that would not match. Who knows though, one day there may be a way to do something like that. If I had a penny for everyone that told me they would donate their fat I would be retired :) 

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

No it is not possible to transfer your sister's fat to you.  Your body would reject it.

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

A case report in identical triplets of fat transfer

There has been a case presented of triplets; where one of the three quite slim triplets wanted breast enhancement. The other two were satisfied with their breast size. As each of the triplets was fairly slim there was not adequate fat for fat grafting for breast augmentation. However when liposuction and fat harvesting was done from all three identical triplets, there was adequate fat for one successful fat transfer breast augmentation.So yes it has been done, but so far only in identical siblings, and using only fat from regular body liposuction, and not by removing breast fat or breast tissue for the transfer.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Fat transfer from sister

You are unable to do a fat transfer from one person to another. Your body will reject the fat! Your sister should consider a breast reduction and you an implant.

Morris Ritz, MB, BCh, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question!  Unfortunately, not possible in today's day and age.  Options would include a breast reduction for your sister and breast augmentation (using your own fat or implants) for yourself. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Transfer fat from sister's breasts to mine?

Great idea, but unless she's a genetically identical twin (which we know she's not based on breast size differences), the transferred fat would be "rejected," by your immune system as an allograft.

The precise nature of the rejection reaction is variable, but would consist of some degree of inflammation (pain, swelling, redness, fever), and ultimately, loss of all grafted tissue.

Grafting fat from a "donor site" elsewhere on your own body to your breasts doesn't stimulate rejection because your immune system recognizes the grafted tissue as YOU.

Steve Laverson, MD