Can you transfer fat from my sister's breasts to mine?

Hello . So I have a question. My sister has DD breast size and she is very tired of it and wants to down size it. I have B breast size and I want to up size it. Is it any way possible that we are able to transfer her breast fat to mine? Thank you

Unfortunately no this is not something that is currently able to be done. Your body would reject it much like an organ that would not match. Who knows though, one day there may be a way to do something like that. If I had a penny for everyone that told me they would donate their fat I would be retired :) 

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

A case report in identical triplets of fat transfer

There has been a case presented of triplets; where one of the three quite slim triplets wanted breast enhancement. The other two were satisfied with their breast size. As each of the triplets was fairly slim there was not adequate fat for fat grafting for breast augmentation. However when liposuction and fat harvesting was done from all three identical triplets, there was adequate fat for one successful fat transfer breast augmentation.So yes it has been done, but so far only in identical siblings, and using only fat from regular body liposuction, and not by removing breast fat or breast tissue for the transfer.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Fat transfer from sister

You are unable to do a fat transfer from one person to another. Your body will reject the fat! Your sister should consider a breast reduction and you an implant.

Thank you for your question!  Unfortunately, not possible in today's day and age.  Options would include a breast reduction for your sister and breast augmentation (using your own fat or implants) for yourself. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Transfer fat from sister's breasts to mine?

Great idea, but unless she's a genetically identical twin (which we know she's not based on breast size differences), the transferred fat would be "rejected," by your immune system as an allograft.

The precise nature of the rejection reaction is variable, but would consist of some degree of inflammation (pain, swelling, redness, fever), and ultimately, loss of all grafted tissue.

Grafting fat from a "donor site" elsewhere on your own body to your breasts doesn't stimulate rejection because your immune system recognizes the grafted tissue as YOU.

Steve Laverson, MD