Scar tissue. Why do I have so much pain on my armpit from the scarring? (Photo)

I know I have scar tissue around my implant my surgeon confirmed that I do but won't help name is dr. Sarosy surgeon in San diego,ca anyways can anyone tell me why I have so much pain on the side of my armpit from the scarring to where I can't sleep for hours at night? I have 500cc high profile under the muscle thru areola I'm seriously crying right now it hurts so much and I'm scared i have cancer because that's what it feels like but I'm not sure the lump feels insane help??

Capsular Contracture after my #Breastaugmentation surgery

Thank you for sharing your question and photo.  It appears you could have the beginning stages of capsular contracture, however without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to be certain.  If you are unable to meet with your operative surgeon be sure to seek an alternative opinion with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. I hope this has been helpful and I wish you all the best.
Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Pain After Breast Augmentation

The way you describe your situation is consistent with a capsular contracture. However, this would need to be evaluated in person. The pain doesn't indicate cancer, but new changes to the breast should always be examined by a physician or through breast imaging. The treatment often requires removal of the capsule to improve the pain.

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

You appear to have developed a capsule or scar tissue around your implant, and that can be painful. Surgery may be needed to help relieve the problem. There are a few nonsurgical treatments, like external ultrasound, that can be tried first. I would suggest going back to your surgeon to discuss this, or find another surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Right Breast Pain After Augmentation

I am sorry that you are in discomfort. Your photo is suggestive of a right capsular contraction.  The internal scar tissue can be painful.  I usually treat this pain with anti-inflammatory medication (motrin or ibuprofen) rather than a narcotic.  A revision surgery to remove the scar tissue may be necessary.  Seek a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, ie a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Whenever confused by a title, make sure your surgeon has privileges to perform breast augmentation in a hospital based surgery center.  

All the Best,

Dr. Brian Reagan

The scar tissue could be causing pain along the lateral muscle and the brachial plexus may have compression. Seek a Breast revision specialist for reexamination if pain doesn't resolve!
Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Pain from contracture

Thanks fro your question.  Sorry that you are having problems.  From your photo and history, you most likely have significant capsular contracture.  This can make the muscle and breast extremely painful.  The exact cause of your pain is impossible to determine without an examination.  If you do indeed have contracure, surgical removal of the capsule with implant exchange will likely help.  Statistically, there is a higher risk of contracture with a periareolar incision. If you do not feel that your current surgeon is addressing your concerns, a second opinion by a board certified plastic surgeon should be your next step. Online forums will not be able to give you a definitive answer.  Best regards.