Two different consultations told me I am not a good candidate for sculpsure, because my fat is considered to be visceral?

I have recently went had to get advice and have a few consultations for me getting a scupltsure procedure done on my stomach, back, and flanks? Two different consultations told me I am not a good canidate for sculpsure, because my fat is considered to be visceral? The other four consultations said after doing the scupltsure I would lose 25% of fat in those areas, but they did not tell me nothing about the viseral fat, that the first two places I went for a consultations told me? So, what do I do?

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Sculpsure will not treat visceral fat.  Diet and exercise treats visceral fat. The fat on your flanks and back may be good areas to treat with sculpsure.

Dennis Dass, MD

This is very easy to answer

if you have enough fat that you can pinch it, this fat will be improved. If you have a stomach that sticks out but you can barely pinch any fat - then this fat, is behind the muscle and NOTHING except diet and exercising will help you. Sculpsure, Smartlipo nor even a tummy tuck, will be of any help. 

if you see a board certified plastic surgeon then can easily and quickly tell you, if you are a good candidate, if you are still confused.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Consultation

All SculpSure treatments begin with an assessment of the area to be treated. It is hard to answer your question without a picture or without an in-person examination of the fat you would like to treat. SculpSure is not indicated to treat visceral fat. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in non-invasive body contouring procedures. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

My fat is considered to be visceral?

Obviously very difficult to provide good info without seeing photos or being able to examine you in person. If your fat is truly visceral, then no, you would not be a candidate for SculpSure, or for that matter, for any other body contouring device, or even for lipo. All of these treatments are designed to treat the Superficial fat only, which is the fat between the skin and the underlying muscle layer. Visceral fat is the fat that is inside your abdominal cavity, and wrapped around your organs. None of the above options can treat this type of fat, which can only be reduced by diet, exercise or hormonal therapy. Whoever you have seen needs to clarify for you which areas are superficial, and can be treated, and which are visceral, and cannot.

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I am curious as to the type of doctors that you have seen. Are they board certified? Do all of them perform SculpSure and liposuction? 

I suggest that you consult in person with a board certified surgeon whose office has both the SculpSure and liposcution capabilities. For your information, SculpSure is intended to address the stubborn subcutaneous fat that is difficult to eliminate with diet and exercise alone.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Visceral fat and SculpSure

SculpSure is a good option for people who have subcutaneous ( under the skin ) fat that is hard to get rid of even after exercise and diet. It is a cosmetic body contouring procedure. The visceral fat is the fat that is important to remove to decrease risk of heart disease, diabetes and more. This can only be done through diet and exercise.  I would advice to concentrate on diminishing the visceral fat first and then adding SculpSure in the end for the finishing touch. As mentioned below, it is best to have a BMI of 30 or lower to really see the affects of ScuplSure. 

SculpSure, Vanquish for Fat Reducing -- If Visceral Fat, you would need weight loss or hormonal therapy

For best results I suggest a 4D VASER hi-def liposuction contouring procedure with fat transfer.  With a VASER Hi Def procedure you get much more than just fat removal you get tightening, toning, and cellulite improvement. Non invasive treamtents like SculpSure give small improvements where body shaping procedures like liposuction give much more of an outcome. I would see an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Can be a Difficult Diagnosis

Viceral fat means that the fat is around your various intra-abdominal organs. While this may be true and all of us have some visceral fat, you also may have subcutaneous fat in the areas of flanks, abdomen, etc that would work well with SculpSure. This could potentially make you waistline slimmer even though you do have visceral fat. I would have an opinion from a specialized SculpSure center and have either an MD or Nurse Practitioner evaluate you and decide at that point

Visceral fat?

visceral fat is protected by abdominal wall muscles and sculpSure cannot reach it. Lying down test mentioned above would give you a clue as to which is which.