2 weeks post op- will Sientra (385cc) textured round implants drop or get any smaller? Will they come in a bit more? (photo)

Hi Docs! I am 2 weeks post-op. I feel my breast implants are too big and pray they will get a bit smaller. I chose textured round Sientra 385cc implants. What changes (if any) can I expect over the next few months. Also, pretty significant movement in my right breast when I bend over to touch my toes, but not nothing on my left side. Is this normal?

Breast Implant Recovery

Generally, I tell my patients that your implants initially will appear larger and higher than how they will ultimately look in the long term. Patients typically are “beach ready or socially acceptable” about two weeks after their procedure. The implants will then continue to soften and look more natural over the ensuing 3-6 months. Regarding the right breast, I would ask you if the breast appears different when you stand up and/or does it move off to the side when you lie down? If the answer is yes it is possible that the pocket for the right implant may be slightly too large. Of course, your surgeon would need to examine you to determine if this is in fact the case.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sientra implants

I think your results are wonderful.  Kudos to you and your surgeon.  It's been my experience over the last 2 years with Sientra  implants, that your breasts will soften and drop a little more, yielding you a sillohuette that you will enjoy for many years.  Since the implants are Gen 5 shaped, I think you will be pleased how natural and yet beautiful superior quadrant fullness that you will have for a long Time.

Phillip Nunnery, MD
Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Sientra Breast Implants and Softening

Since you are just 2 weeks following your breast augmentation, you still will have some swelling and your implants feeling hard is very normal.  What we see with breast augmentation, and Sientra breast implants in particular, is that the implants get softer for up to 6 months.  Hopefully your implants will be the norm and not the exception. 

I have added a web reference and a video for more information for you.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

It Takes Time for final breast Augmentation Result

At two weeks you still have a lot of swelling. At 3 months you will have an idea about your final size.

Sientra breast implants at 2 weeks

You have a very nice early post-operative result.  It will take at least 3 months before you see your final results.  It also just takes time to get used to having larger breasts, everything appears too large initially.

Dennis Dass, MD

Two weeks is too early to be concerned about final size post-op

Thanks for your question regarding size and swelling post-op. Immediately after surgery, new implants will swell and feel much larger than you might expect. This is normal. Fortunately, you're just getting started in terms of healing and adjusting to your new implants. Two weeks is too early to be concerned about the final position and size, and your breasts will most likely settle considerably over the next few months. Six months post-op is a good benchmark for how your final implant results will look and feel. You may be surprised by how much your implants change during that time.

Swelling after breast implants takes time to resolve

At two weeks you can expect significant improvement in swelling and a decrease in size.  You probably need to wait two months for the final size.  A lot of patients who feel "too big" right after surgery end up suprised at how happy they are at 6 months. Hang in there and keep your surgeon informed of all your concerns. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant result worries

Your size will decrease as your swelling subsides. It may be 3 months to your final size.

Your result looks very nice. One side always heals a little differently - if things look good there is nothing to worry about it. Best wishes.

Textured Sientra implants should not settle much

One of the ideas of texturing the surface of implants is to get them to adhere and stay in position better. However, your implants appear to be in a good position and you may be disappointed if the y drop! It is early in your recovery and there is usually some swelling at this stage too.

Richard Baxter, MD

Sientra implant positioning should not change

I think your implants look nice at this early post op stage. They will not move in position much, and certainly won't migrate toward the midline. Your breasts are spaced relatively widely, and this anatomic fact determines implant position in your case.