Deformed belly button after umbilical hernia repair. What can I do? (Photo)

What can i do, my bellybutton looks horrible after the repair. Please help.

Unhappy with belly button after hernia repair

Thank you for your question about your belly button surgery.

I am so sorry you had such a disappointing scar after your surgery.
It is hard to tell from the photo what is causing this appearance but
an exam will show the problem, allowing your surgeon to plan how to improve it.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Belly button revision

Thank you for the question and the photos.  It may be that you have lost depth to your belly button because the stalk is not attached to your abdominal wall or that either its "supra placed" or the abdominal tissue was detached and has slid down.  It is hard to know exactly what is occurring just from the photos but a belly button revision would likely repair whatever is occurring.  Sometimes if there is too much abdominal skin laxity present a tummy tuck may be needed but a photo showing your entire abdomen would be needed to determine that.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD