Thoughts on Fractora?

I visited a local plastic surgeon with concerns on treating and correcting facial skin tone, tightening and acne scarring. The nurse on staff recommended Fractora. I have been doing some research but have found very little information on this treatment. Is this a procedure that gives significant results? I have tried the 3 deep fractional procedure in the past with minor improvements. Is Fractora similar or superior? Thank you.

Fractora for skin tone

Thank you for your question.  We have had excellent results with Fractora as well.  It helps improve not only texture but red and brown spots that result from aging and it works on all types of skin.  We use a complexion analysis system as well to track the progress.  It can also be combined with IPL and laser treatments.  A good skin care regimen is also important.  We recommend adding hyaluronic acid compund right after the procedure and on a regular basis. Hope this helps.

Fractora for acne scars

Thank you for your question.  In my practice, we used to treat most of the acne scars with various kinds of lasers and microneedling techniques.  In patients who had mediocre results from those traditional treatments, most have been pleased when they were transitioned to Fractora.  This is likely because Fractora is able to penetrate their pins to deliver energy into deeper layers of the skin and the radiofrequency energy can affect wider areas under the skin as opposed to just pinpoint areas.  Most patients report improvement in acne scars and skin texture.  Hope that helps.  

Goretti H. Taghva MD

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD