Is it ok that my skin is peeling off like crazy on my breast after Breast Augmentation? (I'm 18 days post op)

I have never had any problems with my skin, not dry, just normal. But I'm wearing a medical bra now after ba, and skin started to pill off on the outer sides and under the nipples all the way down the breast. I use oil to sooth it but it doesn't seem to help. Is it normal or should I worry?

Skin Peeling after Breast Augmentation

Generally speaking, it is normal to have skin peeling in surgical areas postoperatively.  Due to the stitches, dressing, soreness, etc., surgical areas may not be bathed, showered, scrubbed and moisturized for a few weeks after surgery and this may result in dead, flakey skin cells accumulating on the skin. This may be the source of the peeling. This can be exacerbated if you have dry skin which is without natural skin oils.

Alternatively, your skin may just be irritated from ointments, gauze, and the constant wear of the medical bra. In that case, the peeling may continue temporarily for a few months.

Once you are all healed up and back to your routine, the peeling should resolve. It may help to apply a moisturizer of your choice after showering.

For now, please ask your surgeon to take a look and recommend a treatment. Their instructions should take precedence over everything you read here. It is very important that you maintain strict follow-up with your board-certified plastic surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing beautifully without any complications.

Hope this helps.

Skin Peeling

Thank you for your question. An in-person exam would be best. If you have dry skin shedding this is nothing to worry about however if you have a rash, redness and irritation then you should be evaluated in person by your Plastic Surgeon for causes.
All the best