Can I Go Running 48 Hrs After Getting Botox?

I just had botox yesterday morning and I was wondering is it ok to go running tomorrow afternoon? is it ok if my forehead sweats?

When to exercise after Botox

Within 20 to 90 minutes after it is injected, botulinum neurotoxin type A can be detected inside the motor nerve endings. Therefore the muscles and nerve endings take up the Botox or Dysport very quickly before they can spread far from the injection site. I tell my patients they are free to do anything they choose 1 1/2 hours after their injections.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Absolutely, exercise after Botox is not a problem as the Botox is absorbed by the target uscles in minutes and as such isn't likely to float or move around.  IMHO, that's just an urban myth.

Botox can be used safely

especially in athletes.  There is no restriction to working out after having Botox or Dysport injections, so enjoy your run!  Best to you

Carolyn Jacob, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Running After Botox

I recommend not exercising for the first 24 hours after receiving Botox. To go running 48 hours after is okay.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Running After Botox

You can run and get back to your regular exercise habits 24 hours after receiving Botox with no problems.

Dennis Gross, MD

Best to avoid exercise the day an injection is done, but afterwards should be fine

With our patients, we usually recommend a break from strenuous activities (i.e. exercise) for 24 hours after the injections were performed. You should be fine to run 48 hours afterwards unless your physician advises otherwise. The sweat will not affect the results.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Running After Botox

Yes, it is fine to go running 48 hours after Botox. It would even be ok to go running 24 hours after treatment.

Running After Botox

I recommend that you avoid working out or performing vigorous physical activity for the rest of the day of your injection, but the next day or 48 hours later you should be fine.

Botox and Running?

It should be no problem for you to go running after the Botox treatment. Best wishes.

You may run or exercise the day after botox

There is no problem with exertion or if you sweat the day after botox, so for you, two days later, there should be no concern.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon