Pelvic Congestion Syndrome after breast augmentation?

I am a 24 yr old female. Recently diagnosed with PCS. In the past two months I've had tenderness in both calves and hot spots there and on top of feet as well. I'm wondering if this is a vein problem possibly related to PCS? I have a breast augmentation scheduled a month from now. I am also worried about risks caused by PCS for this surgery. I.E- clots and embolisms, due to paralysis caused by anesthesia during surgery. Thinking of blood pooling to the pelvic area and that being an issue.

Pre Existing Medical Conditions

All medical conditions and concerns should be discussed in detail with your Plastic Surgeon during your consultation. They may ask for further reports or testing involving your primary care physicians in order to clear you for surgery.

All the best

Pelvic congestion syndrome

is something that I had to look up... but how its described should not be impacted with cautious measures taken such as SCD stockings and even the use of Lovenox if especially concerned about potential for clots.  All surgeons should be able to complete an augmentation in 1.5 hours or less and you could also have this done under sedation rather than general anesthesia to minimize unforeseen risks from your PCS.  But I would want to know how they made the diagnosis of PCS in you at your young age?

Curtis Wong, MD

PCS and clots.

Pelvic congestion syndrome leads to enlarged and congested veins around your uterus and is not the cause of tenderness in the calves and hot spots on the top of your feet. Surgery lasting less than 1 hour, like a breast augmentation, is low risks for clot formation. However, you should consider a full evaluation of your clotting system by a hemotologist (blood specialist) previous to surgery if there's a family or personal history of deep vein thrombosis, miscarriages, and pulmonary embolism. PCS is a diagnosis made for chronic pelvic pain patients. You should ask a specialist about whether it can increase the risk of blood clots. Good luck with your future breast augmentation, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD