Should I wear spanx after Ultrashape?

I was told to wear Spanx after my Ultrashape appointment (for inner thighs). However, compressing pantyhose give me more compression than the Spanx. Does it matter which one I use?

Spanx after UltraShape Body Contouring

Alicia- thanks for your question.  We've treated hundreds of clients successfully with our UltraShape Plus protocol and we've found no evidence that an sort of compression garment (e.g.- spandex, spanx, medical compression garment, etc.) would effect the results of treatment.  This treatment destroys fat cells which are left in your body for your body to metabolize.  Therefore, the best thing you can do is to encourage lymphatic drainage and metabolism through moderate exercise, lymphatic massage, etc.

Best of luck to you, Doc Halliday

Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garments and UltraShape

There is no need to wear any compression garments following UltraShape as there are no findings supporting their effectiveness in relation to the procedure. The beauty of UltraShape is that, aside from of course a healthy diet and exercise, the treatment requires nothing of you - you can come in and comfortably relax while the treatment is being performed and 45 minutes to an hour later, walk out and go about your day as you normally would - no pain, no downtime, just results. The use of compression garments during the UltraShape treatment period is definitely not standard practice.

Dennis Gross, MD