Resuming Normal Routines After Botox and Juvederm?

Can I resume normal rountines such as exercising and riding motorcycle, following Botox and Juvederm injections?

Resume Normal Activities Post-Injections

Good question! It is usually fine to resume full activities following injections of Botox and Juvederm. I have not seen any problems post injections, but I would avoid rubbing the injected area for a day (just to be extra cautious.) I also use a more concentrated dosage of Botox on my patients to avoid any possibility of migration. I hope you find this useful.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Injectable Downtime

Good question! It is usually fine to resume full activities following injectable treatments. The only concern after Botox or dermal fillers is increased blood pressure which can lead to bruising. Strenuous activity can increase blood pressure so this is to be avoided for 48 hours after injection. After is there's no risk going to the gym or out on the road.

Pooja Malik, MD
Cherry Hill Family Physician

Resuming exercise after Botox and Fillers

Hi,

Thank you for your question. The day after your Botox and Filler should be fine to resume activities.

Best

Dr. R

Morgan Rabach, MD

Post Filler Injections

I recommend that my patients avoid strenuous exercise such as running, jogging, yoga, and lifting weights for at least 3-5 days following the procedure. Walking is permissible with heart rate below 100 beats per minute. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, and Fish Oil for at least 3-5 days following treatment. Follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding your post filler instructions. If Botox only was injected you can resume all activities in an hour and a half.

#drrodrohrich#plasticsurgeon#injections

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Activity after Injectable Treatments

In the areas you were injected, you may have temporary redness and/or bumps. This will subside in a few hours. You can return to your normal activity immediately after treatment, however we do recommend avoiding exercise, alcohol and caffeine for 4-6 hours after your Botox treatment. Unlike fillers, you will not notice immediate results. It can take 4-7 days to see the results and up to 2 weeks for the full results.

#Botoxtreatments   #routinesafterBotox   #Botoxaftercare

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Yes

The great thing about many of the adjuncts we use in plastic surgery is that you can get them and be back to your normal routine almost immediately. The only thing you have to be concerned with after receiving Botox or dermal fillers is increased blood pressure which can lead to bruising. Strenuous activity will increase blood pressure so this is to be avoided for 48 hours after injection. After is there's no risk so get back to the gym and out on the road.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Call your treating doctors office and ask what they recommend.

Dear Lirpa

Generally I recommend no exercise for 24 hours after a BOTOX and filler treatment. I am concerned that a lot of activity right after treatment could result in bruising. I think extending this restriction to motorcycle riding is also prudent but if your helmet has a full face mask, you are probably OK. Goggle would be another story altogether. Tight goggles resting where the Juvederm was inject could potentially move this material around. After a few days it is much harder for this to occur. Again, best to ask your specific treating physician.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Instructions After Botox & Juvederm

I recommend you avoid lying flat for a few hours after Botox and avoid any strenuous exercise the day of your injection. For both Juvederm and Botox, I suggest you also avoid any activities that could result in an injury to the face or injection sites that day as well. Otherwise, you can return to normal activities.

Bruce Stark, MD
West Chester Ophthalmologist

Botox and Filler Recovery Times

For Botox injections Dr. Ebrahim recommends staying upright and moving the muscles of facial expression for 1 hour after treatment - then you can resume normal activities. 

With Dermal fillers –Treat your face like a china doll for 6 hours; avoid makeup and chewing anything really hard.  Enjoy some fresh papaya and pineapples before the procedure to reduce bruising.  Swelling may happen after the treatment and using ice post procedure is a good option  

Shehla Ebrahim, MD
Vancouver Physician

Question

I always tell my patients that they should wait 24-48 hours before any strenuous exercise after filler or neuromodulators.

Kristin J. Tarbet MD, FACS
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon