Resuming Normal Routines After Botox and Juvederm?

Can I resume normal rountines such as exercising and riding motorcycle, following Botox and Juvederm injections?

Resume Normal Activities Post-Injections

Good question! It is usually fine to resume full activities following injections of Botox and Juvederm. I have not seen any problems post injections, but I would avoid rubbing the injected area for a day (just to be extra cautious.) I also use a more concentrated dosage of Botox on my patients to avoid any possibility of migration. I hope you find this useful.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Mostly YES!

There is not reason to limit your activities unless those activities can raise your blood pressure higher because you can get a bruise or become more swollen.

A note on infection: yoga mats, gyms and swimming pools can introduce all sorts of yucky bacteria on to your skin. With tiny holes from the injections you are at risk of getting those bacteria to enter in and cause an infection. 

True story: I had a patient who had E. coli (bacteria from the colon) on his face after Radiesse treatment from placing his face on a yoga mat! :( Luckily he is ok! But seriously gross bacteria are all over!

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Mostly YES!

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Question

I always tell my patients that they should wait 24-48 hours before any strenuous exercise after filler or neuromodulators.

Question

Injectable Downtime

Good question! It is usually fine to resume full activities following injectable treatments. The only concern after Botox or dermal fillers is increased blood pressure which can lead to bruising. Strenuous activity can increase blood pressure so this is to be avoided for 48 hours after injection. After is there's no risk going to the gym or out on the road.

Pooja Malik, MD
Cherry Hill Family Physician

Injectable Downtime

Pooja Malik, MD
Cherry Hill Family Physician

Resuming exercise after Botox and Fillers

Hi,

Thank you for your question. The day after your Botox and Filler should be fine to resume activities.

Best

Dr. R

Morgan Rabach, MD

Hi,

Best

Dr. R

Morgan Rabach, MD

Post Filler Injections

I recommend that my patients avoid strenuous exercise such as running, jogging, yoga, and lifting weights for at least 3-5 days following the procedure. Walking is permissible with heart rate below 100 beats per minute. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, and Fish Oil for at least 3-5 days following treatment. Follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding your post filler instructions. If Botox only was injected you can resume all activities in an hour and a half.

#drrodrohrich#plasticsurgeon#injections

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Post Filler Injections

#drrodrohrich#plasticsurgeon#injections

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Activity after Injectable Treatments

In the areas you were injected, you may have temporary redness and/or bumps. This will subside in a few hours. You can return to your normal activity immediately after treatment, however we do recommend avoiding exercise, alcohol and caffeine for 4-6 hours after your Botox treatment. Unlike fillers, you will not notice immediate results. It can take 4-7 days to see the results and up to 2 weeks for the full results.

#Botoxtreatments   #routinesafterBotox   #Botoxaftercare

Activity after Injectable Treatments

Yes

The great thing about many of the adjuncts we use in plastic surgery is that you can get them and be back to your normal routine almost immediately. The only thing you have to be concerned with after receiving Botox or dermal fillers is increased blood pressure which can lead to bruising. Strenuous activity will increase blood pressure so this is to be avoided for 48 hours after injection. After is there's no risk so get back to the gym and out on the road.

Yes

Call your treating doctors office and ask what they recommend.

Dear Lirpa

Generally I recommend no exercise for 24 hours after a BOTOX and filler treatment. I am concerned that a lot of activity right after treatment could result in bruising. I think extending this restriction to motorcycle riding is also prudent but if your helmet has a full face mask, you are probably OK. Goggle would be another story altogether. Tight goggles resting where the Juvederm was inject could potentially move this material around. After a few days it is much harder for this to occur. Again, best to ask your specific treating physician.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dear Lirpa

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Resuming normal routines

Hi there thank you for the question. 

I recommend the following aftercare post injectables: 

-No non-sterile makeup till the following day post injection

-No excess exercise for 48hours to allow time for 'settle in' time.

-For dermal fillers - no face massages / facials for 2 weeks post injection 

-Avoid temperature based treatment including light/LED facials / ultrasound, galvanic or radio frequency for 2 weeks 

-No sauna / steam room for 48hours 

Hope this helps! 

Best wishes,.

Dr Rupert 

Resuming normal routines

Hi there thank you for the question. 

-No sauna / steam room for 48hours 

Hope this helps! 

Best wishes,.

Dr Rupert