Resuming Normal Routines After Botox and Juvederm?

Can I resume normal rountines such as exercising and riding motorcycle, following Botox and Juvederm injections?

Call your treating doctors office and ask what they recommend.

Dear Lirpa

Generally I recommend no exercise for 24 hours after a BOTOX and filler treatment. I am concerned that a lot of activity right after treatment could result in bruising. I think extending this restriction to motorcycle riding is also prudent but if your helmet has a full face mask, you are probably OK. Goggle would be another story altogether. Tight goggles resting where the Juvederm was inject could potentially move this material around. After a few days it is much harder for this to occur. Again, best to ask your specific treating physician.

Resume Normal Activities Post-Injections

Good question! It is usually fine to resume full activities following injections of Botox and Juvederm. I have not seen any problems post injections, but I would avoid rubbing the injected area for a day (just to be extra cautious.) I also use a more concentrated dosage of Botox on my patients to avoid any possibility of migration. I hope you find this useful.

Yes

The great thing about many of the adjuncts we use in plastic surgery is that you can get them and be back to your normal routine almost immediately. The only thing you have to be concerned with after receiving Botox or dermal fillers is increased blood pressure which can lead to bruising. Strenuous activity will increase blood pressure so this is to be avoided for 48 hours after injection. After is there's no risk so get back to the gym and out on the road.

Normal routines after Botox and Juvederm

Hi Lirpa, you can resume your normal routines 24hrs after these injections. That's what we recommend at my practice.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Post Filler Injections

I recommend that my patients avoid strenuous exercise such as running, jogging, yoga, and lifting weights for at least 3-5 days following the procedure. Walking is permissible with heart rate below 100 beats per minute. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Aleve, and Fish Oil for at least 3-5 days following treatment. Follow up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding your post filler instructions. If Botox only was injected you can resume all activities in an hour and a half.

#drrodrohrich#plasticsurgeon#injections

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Thanks for your question. Life is pretty much back to normal after injections. I would wait a couple of days if you are going to wear a tight helmet or googles. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

What to Expect after Botox and Fillers

Some redness might be visible after Botox injection treatments, however, this  will subside in a few hours.  In contrast, after filler treatments such as with Juvederm, you might have some additional swelling or bruising.  This can be best minimized by avoiding over the counter medications that have a tendency to cause bruising These include ibuprofen, aspirin , and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories such as Aleeve.    Green tea , omega 3's and flax seed  supplements are also supplements that might cause a tendency for more bruising.

We suggest the use of topical and oral Arnica the day of treatment and several days afterwards

#Bruisingandfillers    #Botoxredness    #Botoxresults

Activity after Injectable Treatments

In the areas you were injected, you may have temporary redness and/or bumps. This will subside in a few hours. You can return to your normal activity immediately after treatment, however we do recommend avoiding exercise, alcohol and caffeine for 4-6 hours after your Botox treatment. Unlike fillers, you will not notice immediate results. It can take 4-7 days to see the results and up to 2 weeks for the full results.

#Botoxtreatments   #routinesafterBotox   #Botoxaftercare

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Botox after care

Thank you for your question. I typically focus my aftercare on restricting activities that make you hot, sweaty or flushed: Examples include strenuous activities, alcohol, saunas, hot baths, etc… This will increase your chance of bruising. If no bruising, by the next day, the you should be good to go. If there is, then I recommend another day to make sure the bruise is not getting worse. I am not as worried about the not laying down after four hours.

Minimal downtime needed

With our patients, we usually recommend a break from strenuous activities (ie: exercise) on the same day as the injections were performed. Wearing something like tight fitting goggles on your motorcycle, could result in some problems, so it's best to wait until at least the next day before hopping back on the bike. The downtime is minimal for Botox and Dermal fillers, but better safe than sorry- so we'd reccommend waiting the 24 hours.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon