If you lose weight do your breast implants get smaller?

I go back and forth a lot without even trying, and so do my boobies, when I gain a little weight I'm a 34 C and when I start to loss it all I'm 32 B to C depending on how much weight I loss, no I don't yoyo diet I just have a weird body I guess. will that effect elasticity to? Cause I think I would honestly like biggggg DD o DDD if I'm going to do it I want it to be satisfying the first time you know, but quick to sag boobies wouldn't be satisfying after a while... Thank You :)

When I see something like this I have to wonder if it is some kind of trick question. How would you expect the implants to get smaller. Where would the material go? If you mean your breast getting smaller, then yes, of course they would. THey are the same breasts you've always had.

Weight loss and size of the breast

Thanks for your question.
loosing weight would not reduce the size of the implant.
However, it would cause overall reduction of your breast size not the implant.
Best wishes

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

The effect of weight loss on breast size

The breast implants won't change size with weight fluctuation, but the overall breast size can certainly change with weight gain or loss.  The breasts contain fatty tissue and with weight gain the breasts can get bigger.  With weight loss the breasts can get smaller.  This is highly individualized based on your body physiology. 

I agree with the other physicians that implants that are too big for your body can cause long term problems that are very difficult to correct.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can explain all of the risks and benefits.

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Breast implants do not change size with weight gain or loss but your own breasts will.  When you say you want bigggggg DD or DDD breasts but don't want quick to sag boobies then you have an unrealistic expectation of what will happen to your breasts when you add all that size (and weight) to your breasts, especially knowing that  you have been fluctuating between B and C cup breasts.  The bigger the implant and the looser your skin, the sooner you will see your breasts start to go south. To get a realistic idea of what can be done and what to expect you should have a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon who is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and also a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Implant changes.

No, your implants themselves will not change in size. Remember however, that your own breast tuisse is still overlying the implants and it will continue to go throught whatever changes it does with weight gain, weight loss, pregnancy and ageing. With a larger implant the "proportion" of change will be less compared to the overall volume.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Implants do not change size

unless they are saline and leaking slowly... and they will continue to diminish in size over time regardless of your weight fluctuations.  If you really want to go humongous, talk to a local surgeon in Reno who can help you better appreciate what you will look like and what potential complications you WILL develop over time.  Then you can decide if you're willing to accept those risks.

Curtis Wong, MD