My new bridge pontiff became detached from the back molar tooth. (photo)

My new bridge pontiff became detached from the back molar tooth. The pontiff and front molar are still one piece. The bridge is now in TWO pieces - (a) pontiff and front molar and (b) the back molar. Although the gap is tiny. Can the bridge be fixed? Or does it have to be replaced.

Broken Bridge

I agree with the previous reply.  Unfortunately once the bridge breaks, there is nothing that can be done in the mouth.  The entire bridge will need replacement.  I would talk to your dentist about this.  If it was done within the last year and you have been keeping up with your hygiene visits, you may be able to get it replaced at a minor cost.

Andrew Soulimiotis DMD, FAGD

Atlanta Dentist

Bridge

It looks like your bridge is all porcelain which can be more susceptible to fracture. Don't wait to address this. You don't want to chance hurting a different tooth. It cannot be repaired!

Fractured bridge #DrSoftTouch

Unfortunately, your bridge can not be repaired. Leaving the bridge in this condition would lead to additional problems in the future. I would suggest that you return to your dentist as soon as possible to discuss replacing the bridge.  I hope this helps.  Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.  

Dental bridge

A broken bridge should be replaces. Having a pontic attached on one side usually leads to more failure, decay in the front tooth, and possible gum problem. Good luck

Fractured bridge

If the bridge fractured into separate pieces there is unfortunately no way to repair.  Leaving the bridge in it's current state is not recommended as the pontic can cause unnatural torqueing on the abutment tooth (the tooth that the bridge attaches to) which can result in tooth fracture and pain. 

I would suggest you return to your dentist quickly to discuss the replacement for the bridge.

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist

Fractured bridge

Unfortunately your bridge can not be repaired. A new one will need to be made. I encourage you to visit your dentist ASAP before any additional damage is done.