Radiesse for Festoons on Upper Cheeks?

I am 4 months post op from quad blepharoplasty. I still have what I have now been told are festoons. The surgery did not help. In fact, it made the festoon on my left side worse. I have visited a medspa, and I was told they believe Radiesse could help me. I am worried it will highlight my now apparent asymmetery in my cheeks. Do you think Radiesse will help me?

Doctor Answers 2

Mid-Face Volume

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is really a problem of loss of mid-face volume ie the area below the area of puffiness. There are several alternatives such as using your own fat as well as Perlane, Sculptra, and Radiesse. I think I would start with Sculptra if you were a patient in our practice . Unfortunately I am not sure that any of them will be perfect or completely eliminate the "transmalar" groove that is noticeable in your pictures. .

Radiesse for festoons on upper cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Rather than consulting with a med spa, I would encourage you to visit a board certified facial plastic surgeon to review your options. If you decide to try filler, I would suggest Restylane or Perlane rather than Radiesse since Radiesse cannot be readily dissolved in the event the results are unsatisfactory.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.