Radiesse Vs. Sculptra for Droopy Mouth and Chin?

Hi. I am 40 years old and started getting a droopy mouth and loss of volume in my chin area below the outer part of lips. Is it best to get Radiesse or Sculptra to fill out these areas? Thank you.

Doctor Answers 4

Radiesse vs. Sculptra

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

For the chin, I would absolutely only recommend Radiesse, as it contains a substance (calcium hydroxyapatite) that is identical to bone and teeth and looks and feels more natural. However, I would not recommend the use of this in the sides of the mouth, as it can feel hard and change the appearance of the lips and smile. You would be best suited to use a softer filler in this area such as Restylane, or try Sculptra there. 

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Both are good options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Radiesse might be better if you want a more immediate improvement as Sculptra takes a while to make the body produce more collagen as a response to its insertion. You would need more than one treatment with Sculptra probably, several weeks apart, but probably only one treatment with Radiesse.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

For droppy mouth I would recommend evolence or a thicker hyuronic acid filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

FOr the corners ot the mouth droop, I would recommend evolence. It is a long lasting collagen filler. It is firmer and gives nice support to the corners ot the mouth. to enhance the projection of the chin, a so-called non-surigical chin lift I would use radiesse. Sculptra would not be my personnel choice for filling around the mouth and chin, due to the possiblitiy of sculptra nodules or granulomas.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist
4.4 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Radiesse vs. Sculptra for droopy mouth and chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You might want to consider Juvederm Ultra plus or Perlane for the areas you are describing.  If I had to choose between Radiesse vs. Sculptra, I would suggest Radiesse.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.