Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth?

I'm 23 about to turn 24, and I have a baby face which I can't stand. I do not look my age, and I probably look 5 or 6 years younger. I always get those baby face comments which I'm tired of. I really can't grow any facial hair, and if I do, after a week, I look all scruffy. Meaning, I can't grow a goatee, or even a beard which would really make me feel better about myself. Is there anything than can help me grow facial hair?

Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth

Facial hair pattern is a fixed & specific to races & families. I think hair transplant is the only best option in this regard.

Pakistan Dermatologist

Hormonal Evaluation or Beard Transplant

You might want to evaluate your hormones to see if there is anything going on.  In addition, as has been mentioned, a hair transplant procedure maybe your best option.

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Increasing facial hair growth.

Increasing facial hair growth is not possible except with time some men will get more bears by the time they reach 30. Be happy that shaving is not a problem for you.

What are the treatment options for Beard hair loss?

it may take some poeple longer than others to grow facial hair and that is their inherit genetic structure.  Beard hair transplant can be a viable option. It is a good idea to see a experienced hair transplant physician for a consultation.  Now that you are a bit older if you still have thin facial hair, you can consider hair transplant as an option. Medical hair loss treatment options have not proven to be beneficial. Beard or facial transplant in the hands of a skilled doctor is very successful.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Increasing Facial Hair Growth

Very little can be done about your problem...facial hair is totally determined by genetics.  Even products such as rogaine can cause minimal facial hair growth.

Jack Fisher, MD

Options for Increasing Facial Hair

This may or may not be a permanent condition.  I suggest you use minoxidil (Rogaine) 5% once a day for a few months and see how well it works. A facial hair transplant can always be an option as well. It is important that you consults with a plastic surgeon that specializes in these procedures.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Increasing facial hair growth

The best option for your case is a beard transplant ,which is permanent . Skilled and experienced surgeon hands on you can achieve a pretty natural and  good result .

All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

There is only one solution...

Weak, sparse or missing facial hair can be restored using a beard transplant. It is the best and most permanent hair loss solution.

Robert Jones, MD
Mississauga Hair Restoration Surgeon

Facial Hair Growth

Thanks for your question.  No, there isn't much available on the market for facial hair growth.  Trying Rogaine once a day for 3 months may give you some improvement, but it may not.  

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplants are possible for facial hair

Thank you for your question. In your case, your best option is probably a FUE NeoGraft hair transplant. However, you should consult an experienced doctor before making this decision and be sure to choose a reputable facility with an excellent safety record.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon