Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth?

I'm 23 about to turn 24, and I have a baby face which I can't stand. I do not look my age, and I probably look 5 or 6 years younger. I always get those baby face comments which I'm tired of. I really can't grow any facial hair, and if I do, after a week, I look all scruffy. Meaning, I can't grow a goatee, or even a beard which would really make me feel better about myself. Is there anything than can help me grow facial hair?

Increasing facial hair growth.

Increasing facial hair growth is not possible except with time some men will get more bears by the time they reach 30. Be happy that shaving is not a problem for you.

Increasing facial hair growth.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Is There Anything Than Can Promote Facial Hair Growth

Facial hair pattern is a fixed & specific to races & families. I think hair transplant is the only best option in this regard.

M. Khawar Nazir, MBBS, MS(Derm)
Pakistan Dermatologist

M. Khawar Nazir, MBBS, MS(Derm)
Pakistan Dermatologist

Hormonal Evaluation or Beard Transplant

You might want to evaluate your hormones to see if there is anything going on.  In addition, as has been mentioned, a hair transplant procedure maybe your best option.

Sam Lam, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hormonal Evaluation or Beard Transplant

Sam Lam, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

What are the treatment options for Beard hair loss?

This is all about the genetics. it may take some poeple longer than others to grow facial hair and that is their inherit genetic structure.  Beard hair transplant can be a viable option. It is a good idea to see a experienced hair transplant physician for a consultation.  Now that you are a bit older if you still have thin facial hair, you can consider hair transplant as an option. Medical hair loss treatment options have not proven to be beneficial. Beard or facial transplant in the hands of a skilled doctor is very successful.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Increasing Facial Hair Growth

Very little can be done about your problem...facial hair is totally determined by genetics.  Even products such as rogaine can cause minimal facial hair growth.

Jack Fisher, MD

Increasing Facial Hair Growth

Jack Fisher, MD

Options for Increasing Facial Hair

This may or may not be a permanent condition.  I suggest you use minoxidil (Rogaine) 5% once a day for a few months and see how well it works. A facial hair transplant can always be an option as well. It is important that you consults with a plastic surgeon that specializes in these procedures.

Options for Increasing Facial Hair

Hair growth

I know you are concerned about your beard density and ability to grow a goatee or beard; however this trait is genetic and over time you likely will have a thicker beard. I would not recommend a hair transplant to the area at your age.  Hopefully in the future you will be able to have a more full beard.  Good luck

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair growth

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Hair Growth

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do that effectively changes how much hair grows on your face, apart from a surgical option in the form of facial hair transplant.

Some men grow more facial hair than others. If you're wondering why the diversity, then the answer is one word - genetics. I think its important for boys / men to look at facial hair growth like one's height or skin colour. It isn't something you can control or change. 

Each individual is unique and people are beautiful in all shapes and forms. 

Facial Hair Growth

Hi there,

Growth

It seems very uncomfortable for you. But the best solution for you is beard transplantation, all the other options are not permanent

Growth

Facial Hair Growth

Thank you for your question! As others have stated, a hair transplantation may be necessary. Hormone therapy can help if your primary care physician thinks it is the root of the problem. Schedule a consultation with your physician to discuss your options. Best of luck!

Facial Hair Growth