Post-Tummy Tuck Sex, Does the Penis Size Matter?

Does the size of the penis matter post tummy tuck? Will the Tummy Tuck be affected in any way?  How long should I wait if it is extremely large? Will I ever be able to feel safe, or will I always have to be gaurded?

Sex after tummy tuck

I agree with my colleague. There should be a 4-6 week waiting period after tummy tuck prior to sexual intercourse. This is to prevent trauma to the incision line and underlying muscle stitches. The size of your partner's penis really should not make a difference as the diameter of the vagina is unaffected by the tummy tuck procedure. Once you have completely healed from the surgery, you can do whatever you desire without fear.

Regards,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Sex after a tummy tuck

It is prudent to wait about six weeks after a tummy tuck before resuming sexual activity.  Like other forms of exercise or vigorous activities resumption should be gradual in order not to hurt yourself.  Intercourse should be safe by that time and penis size should not be an issue.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Sexual activity after surgery

Penis size doesn't matter; it's how intense the sexual activity is that is more important. I tell patients to wait at least a month before having sex, and start off slowly. Once you've fully recovered, however (in about 6 months to a year), you should be fine to resume normal sexual activity without concern.

Ronald Levine, MD

Sex after Surgery

This largely depends on how extensive your procedure was. Always best to check with your plastic surgeon for the best advice. I generally allow most of my tt patients to have sex after six weeks with the woman in the top position so she is in control to make it less likely for an injury to occur.

#sexaftersurgery
#TT
#tummytuck

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS