Best position for coolsculpting of the arms?

Coolsculpting of the arms

Coolsculpting of the arms and legs can be done when the patient is lying down.  We have found that Thermage in combination with Coolsculpting gives amazing results in these areas.  For the best cosmetic results consult with a dermatologist with a lot of experience with both of these procedures.

CoolSculpting of the arms

Zeltiq, the makers of CoolSculpt have released an applicator that can be used on the upper arms. We have seen good results with this applicator. Every patient is different, so best to get a consult from a certified, experienced CoolSculpt office. It is a very nice non-surgical option, especially for those who cannot have post surgical downtime. We also do liposuction, and brachioplasty, (arm-lifts). There are benefits and downsides to each procedure. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon who does these procedures and together you will make a plan that is right for you.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Cool Sculpting of the Arms

Thank you for your question. This is a difficult area to get good contact, and an even removal. I suggest you consider liposuction for the arms. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Best position for CoolSculpting of the arms?

There may not be one "best" position when performing a CoolSculpting treatment of the arms. I find most patients are fairly comfortable when they are reclined a bit and they lay the treated arm over their head. Some patients may find another position more comfortable.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for the arms can be great

Coolsculpting can be a wonderful treatment for upper arms. If a person has very loose skin, this could mean they are not a candidate. However, a person with mild skin looseness ,ay consider laser skin tightening in addition to Coolsculpting. Someone with great skin tone will not need to worry about skintone and quality.

Coolsculpting of the arms can feel a bit uncomfortable and almost give a sensation of the arms falling asleep is the patient is positioned in such a way that he or she is holding up their arms without support. 

Ideally, a Coolsculpting office will be equipped with two systems, one for each arm. if the arms are positioned in a way that the arms can rest on pillows, the patient is generally quite comfortable. This position may make reading or using a computer difficult. Instead, sit back and enjoy the movie of your choice while you are eliminating fat with no down time

View melissa's video before and ask to see her amazing results after a single treatment

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon