Desperate for help. Will Fraxel Dual help my scars? (photos)

2 months ago, I stupidly burned myself with an at-home Fraxel laser. When I saw some crusting the next day, I aggressively started rubbing it, which peeled off even more unburned, healthy skin, leaving the whole patch raw, red, and indented in the exact shape of the area where I stopped peeling the skin. The skin has not grown back in much. Would Fraxel Dual treatments fix this? I am obsessing over the loss of volume in my face and the horrible, jagged oval shape in the middle of my chin.

Fraxel Laser for Scars

Fraxel laser is an excellent laser for scars, whether they be from acne or other reasons.  However, you have sustained a burn.  You have to try to be patient and let the burn and your skin heal.  Probably the hardest thing is to do "nothing" but I would advise you to be patient and let your body heal. In a few months if there are scars then you should consult a board certified dermatologist who has experience with scars and the best laser treatments.

The Fraxel Dual laser is a great laser that may be helpful on minor scars.

It is difficult to tell from the photos exactly what your scar looks like and how deep it is.  Light resurfacing with Erbium or CO2 laser, fractional radio frequency (eMatrix or SkinFinity), micro needling, or fractional ablative laser resurfacing are other options that may be helpful. Please seek consultation in person with  a well established and respected dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in the treatment of scars.  I am sure this can be greatly improved with the right technology and technique. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler and Laser Options

Clear and Briliant would be a better option with you in combination with microneedling.  Appropriate skin care would also help.  For contouring, botox in the chin and fillers in the chin and jaw would be very useful.  I suggest going to someone who uses cannulas to limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.