My dermatologist wants to excise a squamous cell area on my temple.

The area is hidden, for the most part, by my hair. A friend warns that I should not trust the work to a dermatologist but rather seek a plastic surgeon. I'd prefer to stay with my dermatologist but scarring is a concern. Any advice would be appreciated.

No doctor answers yet