I had perineoplasty in 2008. The Dr stitched me too tight, then too loose. What can I do now?

the first time the dr made me very tight . So I scheduled a redo another dr put a v type of stitch in. Afterwards you could see my insides something I couldn't see before when I was tighter. I was also to loose. He left a deep pit on the inside and my skin really stretches horizontal. Wearing jeans is irritating on the inside. I had previously developed skin tags from the friction . Can you see just what he did . Is this a common way of fixing a to tight stitch thank you!!

Too loose after perineoplasty release

You are describing a vertical release which is a common way to reverse the tightening of an overdone perineoplasty. Probably less of a release (a shorter incision) would have been better or even a trial of dilator therapy might have bypassed the need for surgery altogether. As it stands, you could have a third procedure to tighten it up a little more.

Two Perineoplasties But Still Having Issues

More information needed here: Have you had children? During your first perineoplasty did you doctor do any other surgery than to tighten your vagina?  

I ask because the perineoplasty is performed in the same small area at the base of your genitalia: the area between 4 & 8 o'clock, with 6 o'clock position at the center. 

It will require a very careful exam to determine whether this is a skin, muscle or a combo of the two that will need to be considered. Having already had two surgeries it will have to be determined just how much healthy tissue remains.

Ask your gyn MD or a cosmetic gyn to go over your options so that the best course of action can be taken for you. 

William E. Shuell, MD
Phoenix OB/GYN