Why did the Belotero treatment not work?

Belotero was injected into the fine lines of my upper lip. When I called the nurse the next day, she told me that the results would show up 7 days later. Now it is 14 days later and my lip looks just like before the treatment.

Belotero and fine lines

Belotero works very well for fine lines.  It is a very fine hyaluronic acid filler and designed for the fine lines under the eyes or above the lips.  If you see no results you may need Fraxel performed in conjunction for these lines to decrease the wrinkles.  Aquagold also works well too to help these upper lip lines.  Best, Dr. Green

Belotero didn't work.

Hi Karinal.  We are not huge fans of Belotero.  With that said, injection technique may also be the problem.  Generally speaking when we treat upper lip lines, it works best to start with fractional laser resurfacing and finish with the injection products.  

To see examples of laser resurfacing procedures, click on the before and after pictures at the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Belotero To Upper Lips

Id suggest following back with your physician and taking post op photos. Belotero is subtle and you may need more than what was injected or other treatments in combination such as lasers and microneedling.  Best, Dr. Emer.