Is being HIV positive a hindrance to breast lift and implants or Augmentation?

Am a lady who is 42.. Been diagnosed with Hiv since 2007. My Cd4 count is currently around 800 Viral load always undictatable Hve no health concerns Got all clear from my consultant regarding surgery Have my detailed immunology reports From experience some Surgeons are sceptical to perform any surgery on me. Are there any doctors willing to consider me for this surgery in Australia, particularly Perth Wa? Please help as this stigma attached to my condition is frustrating me even more!!!
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

I have operated on a few HIV +  patients without complications.   It will be important that the condition be well controlled; I usually ask for "medical clearance" from the doctors who know the patient best.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Find board certified plastic surgeon first

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery(ASPS) and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see before and after photos.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

HIV and Surgery

If yoor viral load is undetectable and cd4 count around 800, there will be no problems on you having any type of surgery. Unfurtunately there are lots of PS that dont like to perform procedures in HIV + patients, for personal reasons and this should be respected, but no your condition will not do any changes to the outcome of this procedure. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD