Is it safe to have fractional laser treatment every 2 weeks?

I had 4 non ablative fractional laser treatments each one was 2 weeks apart which was recommended by the clinic. Except the 4th which was 4 weeks after the 3rd. I have terrible pinhole gridding and broken capillaries still after 19 months.was i treated to soon after the previous. You can see red squares in my skin in some areas from the laser head.

Fraxel Laser and period in between treatments

Usually the protocol is to wait 4 weeks in between treatments.  It really depends on what energy and what you are treating and the patient's skin type. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with Fraxel Lasers.

Thank you for your question. Some treatments can be done 2 weeks apart depending on what area is being treated and for what condition it is being treated for. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for treatment options.

Depends on power, density and type of laser

Every 2 weeks really is pushing it. I usually like a minimum of 4-6 weeks, even longer in ethinic skin types. Pushing too much density and power can cause darkening of the skin. 
It also depends on what you are trying to achieve? Scars? Rejuvenation? Pigment?

I personally would advise you to be patient, and push for 4 weeks, but higher density and power- this way you would get a better overall result. 

cheers

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist