Do people break out after Thermage treatment?

I had thermage face done 2 months ago and in weeks after the treatment I started getting big break out on my chin and around the mouth. Like really big breakouts. Then with in that week my whole forehead was full of of little pimples!! I thought it might be sun rash but am now using spf40 instead of 15. I've never had breakout like this on my forehead ever and is now spreading to my whole face!! Little dots all over everyday I would get a new patch in a new area of may face!

Thermage and acne

After 10 years of treatments I have not encountered a patient with acne flare after thermage. That is not to say it couldn't happen. Perhaps there are other factors to consider such as change in hormones and topical agents (SPF or skin care) to name a few. I would return to the physician that performed the procedure to discuss the issue and come up with a plan to improve your skin. 

Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne after Thermage

The coupling gel used for Thermage may be an uncommon cause, but not impossible. Check with your dermatologist that acne reaction that you are associating to your Thermage treatment, because sometimes what for patients is an acne reacting, actually it may not. Rosacea prone skins can flare rosacea and there is a type of rosacea that looks like acne, which is not. Get your skin checked with the Dermatologist that performed your treatment

Alberto de la Fuente Garcia, MD
Mexico Dermatologist

Acne after Thermage

Thermage is an amazing non-surgical face lift for the neck and sagging jowls and other areas of the body.  I have never seen acne after the procedure.  Perhaps your sunscreen is causing it.  I suggest you consult your physician who treated you for an evaluation and treatment.  Please let me know what happens.