I would like to know any information available for the new Pellefirm body treatment. Is it better than Thermage?

Also, how does it compare in price, and who is using this device in Southern Cal?
See average cost for Thermage

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Pellefirm gets my vote

I was recently in Montreal at the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons meeting and I was in the market for a skin tightening device.  I went to a course that discussed the current technologies and I ended purchasing the Pellefirm for my patients.

The reasons:
Not painful
Good results after the appropriate amount of treatments but also after the first treatment
No downtime
Ability to perform cellulite treatments as well as skin tightening.

Pellefirm versus Thermage

I have many lasers for skin tightening in my office but I prefer Thermage since it is a single application and does not have to repeated monthly.  After just one treatment patents will start building new collagen and have great results.  Best, Dr. Green

Pellefirm vs Thermage Body

I have both the Pellefirm and Thermage skin tightening systems. Both use radiofrequency technology to stimulate collagen production to improve skin laxity and can be used on any skin type.

Pellefirm treatments show best improvement after a series of 6 treatments. Once a week for 4 weeks and then every 2 weeks for 2 additional sessions. Pellefirm treatments result in firmer skin and temporary improvement in the appearance of cellulite. This machine uses a wand that can be applied to the abdomen, arms, buttocks, thighs and it is necessary for the practitioner to achieve a certain temperature on the skin for the treatment to be effective.

Thermage CPT with Total Tip Technology uses focused radiofrequency energy to deliver bulk volume heat for great efficacy. A Thermage body treatment can also be done on abdomen, arms, buttocks and thighs. Thermage only requires one treatment, but can be repeated in 6 months for greater improvement if necessary.
Both treatments have no downtime, with some immediate improvement post procedure and continues to improve up to 6 months post procedure as the skin regenerates new collagen.

Prices vary depending on the area treated, it is best to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which treatment is right for you and what the cost would be.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon