Is minoxidil effective for CTE?

I m 24 yrs old..grl..n suffering frm hair loss from almost 3 hs stoped in btween n strted again. Recently i visited a dermatologist..n diagnosed as chronic telogen effluvium...n prescribed 2%minoxidil.i hv strted using my hair loss hs hs been 2 mnths now ...dt i m using my hair fll is still very severe....and my hair hs becum worse than before.Although i cud see few smll loss is quite sever...wat shud i do...shud i quit or continue

Minoxidil for cte

CTE in its true form is a condition mainly of women age 30-60. It's rare in men and quite uncommon in young women under 25. Most CTE diagnoses in very young women are mistaken for a combination if acute telogen effluvium, early genetic hair loss and seborrhea.
But if CTE is the actual diagnosis, minoxidil can offer benefit to a small proportion of those affected
See a hair specialist if hair loss continues

Telogen Effluvium Treatment

Minoxidil seems to be effective. However, I have both male and female patients with CTE to use the 5% strength.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil for CTE

Minoxidil is one of the few medications that might help Chronic Telogen Effluvium; however it is rarely very effective in reversing the process.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon