Will 600 cc take me from a 36A to 36DD? (Photo)

I am a 32A 5'5 and 165lbs. I am looking to be a DD, my PS suggested 650ccs, but to my understanding with my body type each 200ccs gives me 1 cup size. Im wondering if 650ccs would give me that DD coming from a 32A size? Or should I go to 700 to accomplish DD

Going from an A cup to a DD cup

My implant selection is based upon intraoperative determination of the size of the implant that closely matches the patient's size goals with an acceptable contour.  Please be aware that there are potential dangers to having 600-700 cc implants that may appear over several to many years after thinning of your breast tissue and stretching of your skin.  The video above may be of help to you in making your decision.  Discuss your options carefully with your doctor and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified American Bd. of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
ABC TV Extreme Makeover plastic surgeon

No standardized scale for cc to bra cup

There is unfortunately no math equation that takes into account your statistics and can tabulate the perfect amount of cc'd to get you to your goal cup size. The "about 200cc per cup size" is very generalized and I do not think it scales. What I mean by this is that it may take 150-200cc to get from an A to B cup, even C to D. However, it certainly always takes more that 200cc (in my experience) to get from a D to DD cup. 
Best to try implants on in a soft bra under your clothes and see what you think. Keep in mind that whatever you try on in clothes will looks just a little smaller once underneath your breast tissue. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

No to 600 or 700 cc implant

You cannot get a 600 or 700 cc implant placed in your breasts without considering a lift procedure; this is because your implants will not be centered on your breast implants and subsequent breast mounds; this is because your nipples are too low and thus your nipple to fold to small to accomodate any of these sizes without an implant. Please see examples of breast augmentation with lift below and take advantage of our implant special.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Augmentation: Information

Dear Ms. Lalizzlecute,

Thank you for your story, question and photos.
yo appear to have some breast  shape and size asymmetry.

Unfortunately without a examination and measurements I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

Breast appearance, size, filler material , shape and implant location is a personal choice guided by the experience of your Plastic Surgeon. Your SPECFIC breast anatomy will
dictate some of your choices.

As far as size you know all bras are not equal in "cup size" measurements.
"Cup size" is a very crude and non standardized measurement and varies by bra manufacturers. Thus actual cup size you eventually are measured at is not as important as your body proportions as it relates to your desired breast size

My specific responses are:
1)sizing:
A)Realizing there are no standard bra (strap/cup) sizes, purchase several bras (full bodied and no padding) of the strap and cup size you think you want to be.
B)take a measuring cup (1 oz=30cc) place rice in a nylon. Therefore 10 oz. = 300cc...
C) try on various volumes of rice with some form fitting clothes.
D)if implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle I usually add 10% volume to what the patient chooses.... To compensate for the muscle pressing down on the muscle and for
the naturally settleing of the implant which often makes the breast appear smaller 2-3 months after surgery.

2) profile of implant:
A) for the same volume the higher the profile the narrower the base width.
B)there is very little difference in projection between a moderate to high profile implant
thus little affect on how the actual nipple will look.
C) the base width of the breast should equal the base width of the implant
D)thus I personally chose the profile based on the patients chest measurements,
(a high profile on a wide chest may not result in the cleavage desired and
conversely a low profile on a narrow chest may result in implant in the outside arm
area)
E)Cleavage is largely determined by your anatomy. This can be optimized by choosing the best profile implant and postoperative implant displacement excercises towards the midline of your chest.

3)Shape of the implant:
A) for the vast majority of cosmetic patients I recommend round implants
B) reconstructive patients shaped/form stable implants are often used

4)Placement decision of implant(subpectoral, dual plane, or suprapectoral) will be determined based on your anatomy and long term goals and benefits.

5)Filler Material
A) silicone gel feels more like breast tissue, less potential rippling, comes prefilled cannot adjust size intraoperatively and larger incisions to place compared to equal sized (non prefilled) normal saline implants.
B) normal saline implants can be adjusted in size intraoperatively, if ruptures normal saline absorbs, potential increase rippling compared to silicone gel, smaller incision to place normal saline implants as compared to prefilled silicone gel implants.

6)Incision (access) sites
A) axillary
B) areolae
C) inframammarry fold
D) umbilical (normal saline implants only)

I suggest you collect several nude model photos of the goal breast shape you desire and schedule several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

#Breast Implants#Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Before you make your final decision on size and shape of implants I would suggest that you meet again with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon again and go over your concerns and why you feel a specific implant would give you the results you desire. Your surgeon should be able to explain to you why they are recommending the size they are according to your current breast measurements including your chest width and your desired outcome. Your Surgeon should be able to advise you thoroughly on your options.

We have all our Breast Augmentation patients not only utilize our 3D imaging so they can get a real visual on what the implants will look like on them but also to actually try on the different size implants with a tight bra and t-shirt to see what they might expect. That way they have a good visual of what a 450cc implant will do as opposed to a 350cc implant for example. You want to make sure that you see a surgeon that will listen to you and your goals for the procedure and discuss in detail their recommendation for size and shape not only taking into consideration your desired outcome but also your breast measurements before the procedure including your chest dimensions. And then let you try the implants that they feel will give you the desired result so you are in agreement with the size.

Will 600 cc take me from a 36A to 36DD

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 DD and a 36 DD are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. There is also no direct correlation between an implant size or shape and resultant cup size.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Bra Cup Size

There is no way to accurately predict cup size unfortunately- bra manufacturers do not have a common standard for cup sizes. Different factors such as your ribcage measurements will affect how you fit bras. The difference between 650 and 700 is not huge. I recommend that you find out from your Plastic Surgeon if both sizes are an option for you and then try the implant sizers on to see which you like the best.

Take care

Will 600 cc take me to 36 DD?

Hi and thanks for your question. The simple answer is no. There is no standardization of cup size in the fashion industry as bra sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Sizers are the most accurate method to determine your aesthetic goals and not a reliance on cup size. See a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can answer all your questions. Good luck!

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Cup size

Thank you for the question and since cup sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer it is better to pick the volume on your chest that you like.  That said a 600cc implant in someone who wears a 32 bra should make them bigger then a DD while if they wear a 36 it will probably make you a DD

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Can't Predict Cup Size

It is a pure myth that you can predict cup size by volume of implant. There are just too many variables that affect how an implant changes your breast size and shape, and how a given bra may fit. There are better methods of sizing.

Additionally, your anatomy should be prioritized over your aesthetic goal to achieve a result that is complication free.  Based on  your biodimensional measurements, the best implant can be determined for you. Go visit a few surgeons that do all forms of cosmetic breast surgery.  ABPS certified and ASAPS member important.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS