New pain one year after diep flat reconstruction (two years post mastectomy and radiation).

For the past 6-8 weeks I've been experiencing increasing pain under/next to reconstructed breast. It is radiating around my shoulder area and can be painful when breathing. Very sensitive to touch, but the pain seems to come and go, usually worse towards end of day and night and can wake me up when its at its worst. Can this pain be caused due to scar tissue? I had a non eventful recovery post surgery with no real pain and no problems

New chest pain 2 years after breast reconstruction

It is unusual to have new pain under the reconstructed breast radiating to the shoulder two years after breast reconstruction with DIEP flap. Given that it is a chest pain radiating to the shoulder, I want to rule out other serious condition such as a heart condition. You should follow with your primary care physician and see if an EKG or  other test is warranted. If everything is normal with your heart, you should followup with your PS to see if scar tissue could be the cause of your pain. It should be corrected.