How sustainable are the prp results?

I mean for how long the new hair/thicken hair will stay on scalp (say after 6 sessions 6 months ago) after the therapy has been stopped. Are there any follow up maintenance sessions required. If yes then at what time period gap the maintenance sessions be planned. Thanks

PRP Duration of effect? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, the duration of effect of PRP depends upon many factors. If one has monthly injections for three or four months, the PRP duration of activity will be ,on average, 3 to 6 months. If one starts with a single dose, the duration of activity will be less. I believe the duration of effect relates to the degree of androgenic miniaturization that is due to DHT in the follicle. The stronger the androgenic effect, the shorter the duration of PRP. The above estimates relate to PRP alone. If one adds finasteride or dutasteride, the duration  of activity can be  longer. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

If PRP is used and you get success, we combine with progesterone to enhance the results.  Then you will need to maintain the results forever.  If you are losing hair, this is genetic and will cause loss over time regardless of what is done except transplantation. I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.