OUTER Arm Lipo?

I have seen many many before and afters of liposuciton to the back of arms or under their arms. My concern is more about my outer arms, the line of the shoulder viewed from the front. I feel like the bulk of them makes me look more masculine. How come I can't seem to find any info about this? Is it harder to do, or just less common?

Liposuction of Arms

A physical examination is necessary to determine the amount of fat and the elasticity of the skin before proposing liposuction as a procedure for contouring the arms.  If the fullness of your upper outer arm is from fat (and not muscle) then liposuction could be a possible method to improve the contour to your desire.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Liposuctiion of the Aarms

Suction lipectomy of the arms is most frequently carried out on the upper arms in the posterior section or the "batwings" that flop around when the arm is held high. Liposuction f the outer arm can be done but is much less frequent. It is most often done in a heavier patient population where there is significant excess ffat. The average person does not have as fat on the outer arm and only really be evaluated in person by a qualified plastic surgeon.

OUTER Arm Lipo?

It would be helpful to see a photo in order to comment in a useful manner. If the bulge is from excess fat, liposuction may be appropriate. If the bulge is muscle without a thick overlying fat pad, liposuction would not help. 

An in person exam would be the best approach to getting the answer. 

Thanks, all the best. 

Arm Lipo

Lifts on this famously wobbly part of the human anatomy—known familiarly as “Hi Janes” or “Bingo” arms—are particularly popular. Heavy and even moderately droopy arms can be recountoured very effectively with liposuction. Liposuction modifies volume by sucking out fat and because liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten, good elasticity provides a smooth contour after fat is removed. The procedure takes about an hour, the recovery takes just a couple of days, and there's virtually no scarring. I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can easily reduce the bulge that some people have in their arms.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Outer arm lipo

This area can certainly be treated with liposuction for a person with a diffusely fatty arm, it's just less common.  It's also a little less forgiving than the typical "bat-wing" area underneath the arm.

Liposuction of outer arms

Circumferential liposuction of the arm is possible, and reasonable for some patients. Best to be seen in person for a proper evaluation.

Outer arm lipo

You would really need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can assess whether you have excess fat in those areas as opposed to muscle development. I don`t think photos will necessarily tell the story.

Liposuction outer arms

Dear Lily,

If you mean the outer upper part of the arms then yes it is uncommon to only have fat there because underneath is the deltoid muscle. However if there is excess fat in that  area liposuction can be performed. 

Best of luck...

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Lateral Deltoid Liposuction

As a bodybuilder, I understand the importance of looking a certain way, but the lateral deltoid area may just be a function of your muscularity.  This would be hard to determine if liposuction of this area is appropriate without an exam to assess the subcutaneous fat layer overlying the muscle and fascia in this area.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Outer Arm Liposuction

Thank you for your question. You should have an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if the area you describe is appropriate for liposuction.